Setting up a Facebook Business page

Can someone enlighten me please. Is it best to have just a Page where you get likes or a page under the business name where you can have 'Friends'. Does one work better than the other, are there pros and cons.

I have both but not sure how to work it? Its the way to go in his day and age, would appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Setting up a Facebook Business page

4T ... I think going for "Likes" is better ... some people might think that "Friends" are RL friends.  Likes seem more professional IYKWIM.  

When I had my FB business page active, it was separate from my personal page, but connected, so Friends could see my business page, and Like it, but I don't think customers could see my personal page.  I liked having that divide.  

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had a FB business page, and have a personal  FB page.

the more likes you have on your business page the better. you then like their page back. and if it is a business people do 'shout outs'..where people can see you. and you do shout outs back.

hope that helps.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

ahem!!! teeny, why do I not know this business page hmmm???? invite me to like it please?

And go for the likes, might not generate sales but does get your name out there

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@ten*teeny*tiny*toes wrote:

Can someone enlighten me please. Is it best to have just a Page where you get likes or a page under the business name where you can have 'Friends'. Does one work better than the other, are there pros and cons.

I have both but not sure how to work it? Its the way to go in his day and age, would appreciate any advice.

You need to have a business page of the like style. Friend pages are for individuals and facebook will shut down business pages posing as individuals.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I have my personal one and then two of the business ones. One a page (like style) and then another profile in the business name (with friends).

I did the page first then realised I couldn't be added to groups...so did the other one. I now find the friends one has its own 'ripples' and gets friend requests, seems to do its own work re advertising? 

Chuk, I have no creative talent. Not a home business.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

well that depends. i agree with the others users that it will look more professional and creditible to have likes on a facebook page designed for your business, but it depends on what you decide to use facebook for and how you promote yourself on it. would you like to be known as a one-man business ? or would you like to market your self as an up and coming start up? 

those are just my 2 cents 

play around with this idea and see what happens. you dont really have anything to lose and it might actually be a good learning experinece.however i do recommened you take note of compeitors and get an idea of how to use social media as well doing some research into social media marketing  

hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

kiracage, it is an established business. We know that we need FB and social media, just not sure how to use it properly.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

yes that is always the tricky part. but its also the most fun

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Why should I convert my personal account to a Facebook Page?'

"Facebook Pages offer different features for organizations, businesses, public figures, brands and organizations. It's also a violation of our terms to use a personal account to represent something other than yourself (e.g. your business)."

tttt - a short internet marketing course would be worth doing, if there are any held near you. Even a 1 day course you would learn a lot.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply