So how is it so? [warning political]

If the Liberal party is returned with a minority and they continue their alliance with the Nationals it's a good thing, but if Labor returns with a minority and forms an alliance with like minded parties that's a bad thing?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@bushies.girl wrote:

Cant say that Shorten scares me at all, Turnbull n his cronies are a different matter   .....  

Neither scare me , some of their Liberals policies do, but,, what concerns me is win or lose Toxic Tony(unelectable not so long ago) will take the mantle of "leader" again. He still has enormous backing from the Right wing of the Liberal Party.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Tend to agree with you re Tony, dont trust him at all  ...... 

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

Neither scare me , some of their Liberals policies do, but,, what concerns me is win or lose Toxic Tony(unelectable not so long ago) will take the mantle of "leader" again. He still has enormous backing from the Right wing of the Liberal Party.

With most commentators and the bookies predicting a return of the Turnbull Liberal government with a reduced margin, focus is turning to who will replace Bill Shorten as leader of the Labour party once the inevitable blood letting occurs. Tanya PliberseK has been seen rifling through the parliament house cutlery drawer and even Sam Dastyari;s name gets a mention.

Should Labour lose the election on Saturday, who is best placed to replace Bill and why ???

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

WOT .... NO SUGGESTIONS........What a suprise     Smiley Wink

To be honest I couldnt think of anyone with enough honesty and integrity either   Smiley Very Happy

The numbers are being crunched, the phone calls are being made and the vultures are circling, but we all know its not Turnbull wearing the stab proof vest.

Shorten had the look of a convicted man on the slow walk to the gallows yesterday.

I don't know what will happen on Saturday, but what we do know is that with Rudds as yet untested Labour leadership election rules, a loss to Labour would see a leadership spill following shortly afterwards.

Plibersek, Albo, Dastyari and others are already starting to salivate at the thought of the Labour bloodbath that may be about to occur.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Or perhaps it could be that no one is interested in talking to you?  I know, I am in that catergory

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

You just did...Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Sam Dastyair is in the senate.  How is that going to work?

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

ABC radio was discussing the potential leadership aspirations of various Labour figures yesterday. Better minds than mine where suggesting Dastyari has potential as a future Labour leader. I tend to agree with them. Dastyari has shown significant potential, both with his commitment to social service and also his intellect as seen in his handling of recent investigative committees etc..

Leadership spills are a time for young politicians to groom support and inch their way further up the greasy pole. Politicians have moved houses in their careers before in order to further their ambitions. While Dastyari may not be leadership material right now, with time, further experience and change in houses who knows ???  He is certianly one of the brightest young minds in the Labour ranks.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

WOT .... NO SUGGESTIONS........What a suprise     Smiley Wink

It has to be bad when you have to answer your question.

But you being a closet Liberal supporter (ie Anti Labor-Pro Liberal) I can't understand your logic. If Shorten wins a swag of seats he is a loser, but if Turnbull loses a swag of seats he's a winner ????

As far as leaders are concern Turnbull has only been keeping the seat warm through the election for the unelectable Abbott Once the election is over regardless who is the victor Abbott will stab Turnbaull in the back again and become leader. I think you will to agree that Abbott is the Kevin Rudd of the Liberal Party.

As far as back stabbings are concerned The Labor Party has a Rudd-Gillard-Rudd history but the Liberals have a Nelson-Turnbull-Abbott-Turnbull- and yet to be played out Abbott history

"The numbers are being crunched, the phone calls are being made and the vultures are circling"

Well not a great secret, when you lose the number of seats that Turnbull is apparently about to lose you don't have to be a genius to work that out

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

But you being a closet Liberal supporter (ie Anti Labor-Pro Liberal) I can't understand your logic. If Shorten wins a swag of seats he is a loser, but if Turnbull loses a swag of seats he's a winner ????

As far as leaders are concern Turnbull has only been keeping the seat warm through the election for the unelectable Abbott Once the election is over regardless who is the victor Abbott will stab Turnbaull in the back again and become leader. I think you will to agree that Abbott is the Kevin Rudd of the Liberal Party.

I am always happy to make some-ones day...Smiley Happy.....

Yes I do agree with you that Abbott is the Liberals Rudd. The potential for him to challenge for the leadership if Turnbull makes a complete hash of it could well play out, but as many of you have noted he is basically unelectable.

Our politicians are closeted away from the rest of the world in Canberra and largely out of touch with the electorate, relying instead on focus groups and opinion polls. They spend a large portion of their time conspiring against each other and playing silly games of political brinkmanship, instead of concentrating on the important matters of state.

Abbott hanging around has been a divisive distraction to the Liberal party and an unnecessary distraction from the business of good governance.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply