So how is it so? [warning political]

If the Liberal party is returned with a minority and they continue their alliance with the Nationals it's a good thing, but if Labor returns with a minority and forms an alliance with like minded parties that's a bad thing?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

After extensive research, I have just completed my postal vote, my 9yo grandaughter was very opinionated about the candidates, so it was an easy decision in the end, lol

What really irritated me was the names of the parties, if they can't choose a name that suits their agenda, how competent can they be?

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

But you being a closet Liberal supporter (ie Anti Labor-Pro Liberal) I can't understand your logic.

OK second confession for the thread.

A number of years ago when living in a regional area, I was very active in community leadership which involved negotiating with politicians and business leaders as well as chairing community forums and meetings, acting as a community spokesperson in radio and TV interviews etc.

I was approached by the Liberal party and asked to join with a view to becoming a local candidate in a safe Liberal seat once the sitting member retired. I declined the offer as I felt I needed to remain a-political in order to best meet my community responsabilities. I also didnt have the stomach for the backroom deals and corruption of personal principles that politics requires.

Potentially having some skin in the game and having rejected a very juicy offer from the Liberals, I think you would have to agree, that makes me a very dedicated non Liberal.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

FLYING PIG.jpg

Wow what a confession, but excuse me, but you have show that the Liberal Party and rightly so thought you had very similiar beliefs to their own.

The problem with this election is that who ever wins the House of Reps. is only in Government not in power. To be in power you need the control of the Senate and Turnbull by calling a Double Dissolution  only insures that neither of the two main parties will get that control.The Senate is going to controlled by a mish-mash of fringe groups and both parties are going to have deal with them

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

The problem with this election is that who ever wins the House of Reps. is only in Government not in power. To be in power you need the control of the Senate and Turnbull by calling a Double Dissolution  only insures that neither of the two main parties will get that control.The Senate is going to controlled by a mish-mash of fringe groups and both parties are going to have deal with them

Which means their electorates will get tens of millions of dollars thrown at them so that they'll vote the way the

"government" wants them too,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Here's my baby girl handing out how to vote cards for the Christian Democrats LOL, luckily she is with Chris Bowens mum so she won't get too branwashed. ๐Ÿ™‚fr.jpg

Photobucket
Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Fred Nile? Woman Surprised

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

Fred Nile? Woman Surprised

They don't have enough volunteers, it is a real education for her $170 cash too. Luckily the labor people are taking care of her. I spoke to Chris and told him that she didn't support them ha ha.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Tezza, you have a PM...Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply