State by State, Australia vs Elsewhere, in the age of COVID-19 and beyond

This thread is for the specific purpose of checking on milestone information (quotations and videos rather than table-form/spreadsheet/database information that fit better into k1ooo's thread), and responses by representatives from our government, CHOs, etc.

It's official: Australia has passed the 70% double dose vaccination rate.

Australia's double-dose vaccination rate has passed 70 per cent of all adults aged 16 and over

It is a key milestone in the national reopening plan.

More than 33 million vaccine doses have been distributed nationwide, and the first-dose rate nationally has reached 85.5 percent.

New South Wales and the ACT have already passed the 80 percent vaccination milestone, and Victoria and Tasmania are expected to reach 70 percent double-dosed within two days.❞

A tremendous achievement, but of course there is still some patchiness. We'll have to see some good efforts to correct misinformation, to provide solid health information, and to take the vaccine to the people who are not able or not willing to access it easily by themselves.

Message 1 of 163
Latest reply
162 REPLIES 162

I'm particularly inspired by the NT's Chief Minister Michael Gunner's response to Texas Senator Ted Cruz's tweet yesterday.

countessalmirena_0-1634721993898.png

... to which Michael Gunner replied:

countessalmirena_1-1634722086812.png

In case you can't read it from the screenshot, here is the actual text:

❝Nearly 70,000 Texans have tragically died from COVID. There have been zero deaths in the Territory. Did you know that?

Vaccination is so important here because we have vulnerable communities and the oldest continuous living culture on the planet to protect. Did you know that?

We've done whatever it takes to protect the Territory. That's kept us safe AND free. We have been in lockdown for just eight days in 18 months. Our businesses and schools are all open. Did you know that?

We don't need your lectures, mate, you know nothing about us.

And if you stand against a life-saving vaccine, then you sure as hell don't stand with Australia.

I love Texas (go Longhorns) but when it comes to COVID, I'm glad we are nothing like you.❞

I hope that Michael Gunner's personal safety and the safety of his family do not suffer as a result of this. I know that his home address was doxxed on the weekend at an anti-vaccine protest, the footage of which was uploaded to social media. As he said, ❝And it's on the internet, so you just don't know who's watching.❞

Message 2 of 163
Latest reply

Victoria and Tasmania hit 70% of 16+ vaccinated

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-21/victoria-reaches-covid-vaccination-70-per-cent-goal/100555616

Victoria has passed the 70 per cent full-vaccination milestone that will officially trigger the end of the state's COVID-19 lockdown tonight.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison revealed this morning that both Victoria and Tasmania now had 70 per cent of their 16+ population fully vaccinated.

"I officially confirm, just got the figures, Victoria has reached 70.51 per cent double-dose vaccination rate right across the state. And good on Tasmania as well, because they have hit 70.6 per cent," he told Channel Seven.

Message 3 of 163
Latest reply

Ted Cruz - Individual Liberty Matters. LOL

This law has just been passed in Texas - note $10,000 for an individual who ' dobs ' - a pregnant woman having the procedure - and - the law does not cover - incest or raaape.

Provisions of the Act

The Texas Heartbeat Act allows any person to sue someone who performs or induces an abortion, or aids and abets one, once "cardiac activity" in an embryo can be detected via transvaginal ultrasound, which is usually possible beginning at around six weeks of pregnancy.[27][28][29][a]

The act defines an "unborn child" as a human fetus or embryo at any stage of gestation.[30]

Although an abortion patient may not be named as a defendant, anybody who provides support for an unlawful abortion can be sued in addition to the physician performing the procedure. That includes staff members at clinics, counselors, lawyers, financiers, and those who provide transportation to an abortion clinic, including drivers of taxi or ride-hailing companies.[2] The act incentivizes private enforcement by authorizing "statutory damages" of at least $10,000 in addition to court costs and attorney's fees if a defendant is proven liable.[27] Plaintiffs are not required to have a personal connection to the patient or abortion provider in order to bring a lawsuit under SB 8.[31]

At midnight, immediately after the law went into effect, many clinics in Texas including Planned Parenthood stopped performing abortion procedures and stopped taking new appointments.[32] However, many clinics reported an increase in patients at their clinics who had completed the 24-hour waiting period and sought to have the procedure done before the midnight deadline.[33]

The act contains exceptions in the case of medical emergency but not forrapeorincest.[31]On September 7, 2021, Governor Abbott asserted that the Act does not force raped women to carry pregnancies to term because it gives them "at least six weeks" and that the state would "work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."[34]

Cruz - and his ilk - need a wake up call.

Message 4 of 163
Latest reply

It's an interesting law as it doesn't actually ban abortion. Only abortions after the 6 week mark.

PS I also loved Michael Gunner's reply in countess's post.

Message 5 of 163
Latest reply

The fact is - there are a number of women who would not even be aware/sure they are pregnant - before the 6 week cut off.

The vigilante $10,000 beggars belief.

Message 6 of 163
Latest reply

17,761,724 Australians have had their first vaccination dose. 14,779,001 are fully vaccinated. That is an amazing achievement, particularly given the rocks in the road at the beginning of the vaccination roll-out.

❝For the past week, Victoria has been administering more vaccine doses than any other state❞, and the major thought I have is that we darned well need to be doing that, given the high daily case numbers.

Message 7 of 163
Latest reply

It is now estimated that Australia as a whole will reach 80% (16+) double dose vaccination in early November. 1.0 and 1.14 doses of vaccine are being delivered per 100 people per day. That has really picked up the pace since the painfully slow vaccine rate earlier this year.

We've weathered supply disruptions, raw component hold-ups ("just in time" disruption), competing interests, the EU preventing some exportations, the AstraZeneca vaccine data hiccups, then later the AstraZeneca vaccine side-effects being seen, changing ATAGI advice, media blow-ups, and conspiracy theories adding to some hesitancy. We've also seen logistical bumps in the supply chains throughout Australia, some inefficiencies and errors by government at both state and federal levels in setting up vaccination centres and organising who could administer it, and those jammed/crammed website issues for booking vaccinations.

But once we got started, oh lord, we cranked up the engine and got faster and faster, and more efficient and more efficient. It's been an enormous effort, but now here we are, with enough vaccine to bathe in, and our 12-15ers fast catching up with the 16+ cohort. We are steaming ahead, on track to becoming one of the most vaccinated countries in the world.

We'll need (as I said early on) booster shots, but I'm so thankful to everyone involved in developing the vaccines that we have. I'm also thankful that our government has, by and large, made some really good decisions to keep Australians safe and to mitigate the risk of severe illness and death. (Some very bad mistakes were also made, and I'm not forgetting those. Nevertheless, we are a great deal safer here in Australia than in most other parts of the world.)

Carouselcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gifcircus-celebrate(viannen).gif

Message 8 of 163
Latest reply

Disgusting behaviour is emerging with some patients making appointments to see multiple doctors in the hope of bullying them and haranguing them into providing an exemption certificate.

It's happening in multiple states, with Queensland in particular reporting this abusive behaviour.

❝RDAA president John Hall said his association was very concerned about people seeking inappropriate exemptions and taking out their frustration on doctors or receptionists.

"We've had multiple reports of patients being aggressive and angry when they're refused an exemption," Dr Hall said.

"Exemptions for the COVID-19 vaccination should be very, very rare."❞

Message 9 of 163
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Disgusting behaviour is emerging with some patients making appointments to see multiple doctors in the hope of bullying them and haranguing them into providing an exemption certificate.

It's happening in multiple states, with Queensland in particular reporting this abusive behaviour.

❝RDAA president John Hall said his association was very concerned about people seeking inappropriate exemptions and taking out their frustration on doctors or receptionists.

"We've had multiple reports of patients being aggressive and angry when they're refused an exemption," Dr Hall said.

"Exemptions for the COVID-19 vaccination should be very, very rare."❞

----------------------------------------------------------

Though I don't agree with the harassment of medical practitioners, I understand this reaction to a disgusting and brutal practice of mandatory "vaccination" by threat to destroy, jobs, livelihoods and lives.

Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. Bungling incompetent politicians from rich and immoral backgrounds who mostly have never done a lick of proper work in their lives allowing this to happen. Big business enjoying the fantasy becoming a reality where they an finally destroy workers rights even more!

Back in the late 1930s, Jews, Gypsies and various other faiths, Jehovah Witnesses and non-Aryan ethnicity were marginalized just as the vaccine passport introduction is doing now. In the end 6 million Jews, 2 million poles, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of other faiths, ethnic groups were exterminated. Prior to that, many panicking and many were saved by  free passes, forged paperwork. And prior to that, many were denied access to public venues and facilities, lost their jobs, hand their businesses closed down.

Wrong to harass doctors yes. Wrong to implement mandatory vaccination by bullying and threat to destroy livelihoods, my word yes!!!!!!

Message 10 of 163
Latest reply