TV Bloopers

I was watching an episode of an Agatha Christies Marple the other day.

The series was written and set in the 1930's and out of the blue the leading character made a comment that "Princess Diana would not have done that".

Now, I know that I am aging, but I don't think that Princess Di was even a twinkle in her Fathers eye then.

Does anyone else have some snippets to share?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: TV Bloopers

There were some publicity shots released late last year for the series Downton Abbey where on of the daughters was leaning on the marble fireplace in full evening dress and someone had left a plastic bottle of water on the shelf.

After Twitter went nuts they re shot the scene.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

There is a web site dedicated to movie and TV mistakes....  http://www.moviemistakes.com/

Over the years, I have made over 400 contributions to it...........to the extent that my daughter refuses to watch TV with me.

One example, in the movie, The Quick and The Dead, which takes place in the 1870's, a guy refers to "buying the farm", a phrase that did not come into being until after WWI, when insurance was paid out to soldiers who died in the military.

Given the camp and ahistorical nature of "The Quick and the Dead" I don't think this rates as a blooper

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

You do realize that Custer died in 1876, and the phrase "bought the farm" has it's earliest appearance in the 20th century.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply