The All New Tas - What's for Dinner Thread - & - Don't Get Uppity.

Tas mentioned there was a good thread on - What's for Dinner.

Seems it ended up - a bit ' snooty '.

So - no fancy - dancy - stuff - just good fresh ideas for dins.

Oh - & Freddie - just loved the zucchini slice - if you could just put it here one more time - I swear not to lose it again.

And please - this time add the - zucchinis. lol.

Here - tonight - Chicken Schnit's with salad.

Message 1 of 856
Latest reply
855 REPLIES 855

@not_for_sale2024wrote:

At this moment my son is baking a Cinnamon Tea Cake, from a packet. Easy peasy you say? Well you should see the kitchen, it looks like the cat went ballistic. And guess who is going to have to clean it up? The cake better taste good LOL.

I am not much into cakes.

But..........I like to to make my own pasteries and deserts, about once a week I am in the kitchen baking. (eclais, profiterols, different types of slices, tarts, baked chesse cakes etc) Like you see in the window of a cake shop.

Make them all from scratch, dont use things like packet custards etc.

Im not a whooooooo, chemicals, guy,

With no messy kitchen.

Hmmm, this could explain why friends drop in often.

I regard most recipes as a starting point only.

I have made some huge changes to some and slight changes to others.(measurements/ingredients and weights, as well as over temp and time), depending on what I want, like a softer or harder, or creamier carmel or a softer base.

I dont cheap-skate on ingredients.

Message 81 of 856
Latest reply

"Well you should see the kitchen, it looks like the cat went ballistic"

cat2.jpg

Message 82 of 856
Latest reply

Rasberry slice sounds good for dinner...NOT!

Message 83 of 856
Latest reply

Hey, what's wrong with raspberry slice?   I'll have you know there was a time (when I was a poverty stricken student like many were at uni) when I lived on all kinds of slices as a main meal, not to mention popcorn, half a bagel, raw carrots wrapped in cold miniature pancakes and cold toasties with no filling ...  Woman LOL

Mind you, we didn't starve, but it was just decided that "beggars can't be choosers", especially if we wanted to finish and get through the studies...  Smiley Tongue

Message 84 of 856
Latest reply

152116268883626226.jpg

My Enzso can't believe what she's seeing 

Message 85 of 856
Latest reply

@tasfleurwrote:

Hey, what's wrong with raspberry slice?   I'll have you know there was a time (when I was a poverty stricken student like many were at uni) when I lived on all kinds of slices as a main meal, not to mention popcorn, half a bagel, raw carrots wrapped in cold miniature pancakes and cold toasties with no filling ...  Woman LOL

Mind you, we didn't starve, but it was just decided that "beggars can't be choosers", especially if we wanted to finish and get through the studies...  Smiley Tongue

ok. Long as you don't starve, I suppose. In a land of plenty.

Message 86 of 856
Latest reply

Hi Icy, it was only a land of plenty for those who had plenty Smiley Very Happy

I was grateful for anything at the time.

Message 87 of 856
Latest reply

@tasfleurwrote:

I have been checking the rule book on this, to be sure you are not committing any offence.

There is nothing in it that states when you can or can't eat a Raspberry slice, or any other slice.

You wont be committing any offence, so enjoy. Smiley LOL

Message 88 of 856
Latest reply

Hallelujah, rejoice!  Up and onwards with slices and slicings of them forever!

I always knew we could have our slice and eat it too!

cake.jpg

Message 89 of 856
Latest reply

Image result for quotes about a slice of cake

Message 90 of 856
Latest reply