Super Saturday delivers wins for Labor

Super Saturday delivers wins for Labor in Queensland, Tasmania and WA, Centre Alliance holds Mayo against Downer challenge

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-28/by-election-justin-keay-wins-braddon-antony-green-says/1004735...

and now for the libs excuses, it was rigged, they used dirty tactics, bye elections are never won by sitting govts, ect ect.

only yeaterday Mal was on radio spruiking it was about leadership, well, his LEADERSHIP must be in question.

oh, i forgot, the 'oh yes they won but they should have won by more' line to be soon heard out of the mouths of every liberal pollies mouth.

as for downer, the fly-in candidate, she was bleating about 'unfair' tactics before the count was over. only days after ms sharkeys family history was made public in an effort to discredit her. the libs have used that tactic many times and it nearly allways fails, we dont like gossips.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Couldn't have said it any better!!
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Alexander Downer hits out at Rebekha Sharkie supporters over Mayo campaign 'abuse'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-28/downer-hits-out-at-sharkie-supporters-over-mayo-campaign/10047...

You use social media at your own peril, there is no saying who the 'trolls were/are, who they do or dont support.

i would imagine there were very nasty comments made against ms sharkie as well, but as someone with true class she chooses to not go public and bleat about it.

the people of Mayo have had their say, they chose a person who has been there for a while talking to the public and LISTENING and not just relying on dads string pulling to get an endless list of federal pollies to come say how she is wonderful, vote for her.

i hope ms downer does re run at the next election so ms sharkie can wipe her out again.

but i suspect we wont see ms downer again, she will fly back to wherever she came from and dissapear.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

i wonder if the storys of conflict within the labor party re leadership will stop now?

they seem to have failed to crack the partys support.

better think up a new line of attack huh?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Don't hold your breath, it's been a constant for at least half a century.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Tony Abbott will be smiling.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
Tony Abbott will be smiling.

I suspect the whole Liberal party will be smiling. They would much rather go to the next federal election with one of the most unpopular Labor leaders of all time in charge of Labor rather than a decent, new leader who would guarantee a Labor victory.

At least with a dweeb like Shorten to beat, the Libs stand some chance of winning again..........Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

And I suspect that the whole Liberal party will be crying into their glasses of Bolly. They know they have absolutely no chance on earth of winning the next Federal election. And it's nothing to do with who is leader of the LNP or of the Labor party.

The reason the LNP govt will lose is because of their policies, pure and simple. Their policies are transparently designed to enrich the already rich and to further impoverish the rest of us (yes, us, the majority of the people).

And, in a democracy, it's the majority which will determine the outcome. So, the "trickle down" economic policy promoted by the LNP has been seen to really be a policy which enables the rich to urinate on the rest of us from the great heights  of their  gated-community ivory tower complexes.

(we see now why those gates are becoming a necessity rather than just a status symbol)

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Georgina Downer to nominate for federal preselection in Mayo despite comprehensive by-election loss

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-29/starting-gun-fired-in-federal-election-race-for-mayo/10048744

well she seems to be proving me wrong, and shes not as smart as she pretends to be.

there is no way this woman will unseat ms sharkie at the next federal election, she proved to be a totally ineffective candidate with nothing but her surname going for her.

she was on ABC radio this morning blaming ms sharkie for online posts about her family after her mother posted a comment anyone not voting for her daughter was a 'newbie' to the district! didnt know the downer 'history' so wernt up to having a say on who represents them, a typical brain fart by a 'born to lead' liberal.

comment like those dont attract voters they turn them away.

but to then go on radio and call foul and start blaming your oponent! someone needs to grow a backbone.

oh, and where was ms downer when we had our first female PM? remember what she got thrown at her by the libnats?

stop being the 'im the victim' ms downer. go back to your prissy life as ms no one cares who you are, as its obvious

NO ONE CARES WHO YOU ARE!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@johcaschro wrote:

And I suspect that the whole Liberal party will be crying into their glasses of Bolly. They know they have absolutely no chance on earth of winning the next Federal election. And it's nothing to do with who is leader of the LNP or of the Labor party.

The reason the LNP govt will lose is because of their policies, pure and simple. Their policies are transparently designed to enrich the already rich and to further impoverish the rest of us (yes, us, the majority of the people).

And, in a democracy, it's the majority which will determine the outcome. So, the "trickle down" economic policy promoted by the LNP has been seen to really be a policy which enables the rich to urinate on the rest of us from the great heights  of their  gated-community ivory tower complexes.

(we see now why those gates are becoming a necessity rather than just a status symbol)

It may suprise some here, but basically I agree with your analysis of Liberal policy. The election is Labors to lose, but 9 months is a long time in politics and with Shorten in charge of Labor, lose they might.

As for the by elections, I live in the seat of Mayo and the candidate I supported won, so what happened elsewhere is neither here nor there to me.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply