71 REPLIES 71

Re: The Daily Show - John Oliver Investigates Gun Control in Australia

" The Cardassians were a humanoid species from the Alpha Quadrant. They were native to the planet Cardassia"

I thought they were from New Jersey.
Message 31 of 72
Latest reply

I haven't posted what i think gun laws should be in Australia, some of you are putting words into my mouth. I'm offering perspective relating to the topic posted by someone else. This perspective is partly from others who posted on youtube, and to some degree, my own perspective on personal freedom. Relating to imposing one's values onto others who might think diffrently.

If you don't want to have a gun, or to have a gun in your own household, thats fine, i support that. What i don't support is you telling others, your neighbors, the people in the next town or state what they can and can't have. I may not be an Australia resident, but you don't, or shouldn't command and impose your anti gun values on those around you.

If it's something shared by all Austrailans, the values that guns should not be in the possesion or households, then there would be no need for the laws against them. No one would have them by their own choice. So selling the fact that all Australians need these laws to prevent them from having guns, because without these laws, they would somehow go get these guns involentarally, makes no sense to me.

We don't want to own guns so we need these laws to keep us from buying them, otherwise we would go out and get these guns we do not want? makes no sense. I don't want to go out and shoot a bunch of people so i need these laws saying i can't have guns.. Otherwise i'll go out and obtain guns and do horrable things with them.

It's imposible for me to believe that the act of owning a gun, or having the means, would make us do things we don't want to do, that it somehow would change our values on human life. there's coniquences if you kill with or without a gun, and I give humanity alittle more credit to govern themselves.

All these laws are doing is puninishing law abiding citizens, because the lowlife criminal scum don't care about following laws. This is true anywhere in the world, or possibly universe. All these laws are doing if they are here in America, or in Australia, is turning law abiding people into criminals overnight.

When everything is against the law, everyone will be a criminal

This is a way for athority figures like police, or government, to keep the general public under their heels, by making them feel like lowlife criminal scum. Also, they turn the people against the people and come out looking as heros themselves.

And again, i'm only addressing the topic

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 32 of 72
Latest reply

If it's something shared by all Austrailans, the values that guns should not be in the possesion or households, then there would be no need for the laws against them. No one would have them by their own choice. So selling the fact that all Australians need these laws to prevent them from having guns, because without these laws, they would somehow go get these guns involentarally, makes no sense to me.

There will always be that 1% who either doesn't get the message, or decides it doesn't apply to them.........The US has laws forbidding cell phone use while driving, 99% may agree with it, but there is always those "special" folks who feel they can drive and text at the same time...........quite often you will find them in a morgue.  We have laws against driving under the influence, and 99% agree with that.........but there are those folks who insist being poo-faced improves their driving skills.........they're the ones on the gurney next to the texters.......

Message 33 of 72
Latest reply

There will always be that 1% who either doesn't get the message, or decides it doesn't apply to them.........The US has laws forbidding cell phone use while driving, 99% may agree with it, but there is always those "special" folks who feel they can drive and text at the same time.

More than that by my count

quite often you will find them in a morgue.

problem solved, no need for a law.

Heres where i have a problem, I agree that there should be laws against drinking and driving, or driving impared, however it gets taken too far when you inact that open container law. An empty beer or whisky bottle in one's car does not mean they drank any of it at all, let alone drank it and drove within the time they would have been driving impared. Maybe they drank it years ago and still have the bottle in their car. It's their car, their bottle or container, who are we to tell them they can't have an empty bottle in their car? Then theres the seatbelt law. these kind of laws angered me so much when i started driving and learned of them, that i would often cut the seatbelts out of my car, and hang an empty beer can from the rear view mirror. I never drank it, I always aggred that seatbelts save lives, the saftey factor, but believed and still do, that it should be a matter of personal choice.

By not wearing a seatbelt, you risk no one's life but your own, an empty beer can in your car is not gonna get you drunk. These laws are created for the soul purpose of condisioning the public, it's criminal training, teaching us all from a young age that we are slaves,, slave training. If the gobalists, the athority, the government can keep us all worried about what we might be doing wrong, we have less effort to focus on what they are doing wrong. We dare not call them on their own BS, for fear that they will focus more closely on what we are doing.

How many are dead certain positive they have never broken a law? of all the laws in creation, there are so many, in fact, that following some laws would mean breaking others, yes, the laws conflict with themselves. It's only a matter of what a cop chooses to enforce. So you have to read their minds. You dare not confront a cop with breaking a law, because they will just focus on all the laws you might have broken.

Most if not all police in the US swear an oath to the constitution. Most if not all police violate the rights outlined in that document. If it a more recent law passed, it will take presidence over natural rights. Even in a system that is supposed to consider any law null n void, if it contridicts a right listed in the document.

Ron Paul said it best, "How many people would go out and do herion if it were legal?" I don't want to do herion so i need a law against it.."

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 34 of 72
Latest reply

@happyroo_bunji wrote:

@softail-joanie wrote:

Joanie I can see way the police took away your gun, tell them thank you from me.

you endorse rape and murder

You have stepped over the line.  You are sick in the head if you think that.

In no way has lionrose ever said they endorse rape and murder.  I agree that the police taking away your guns is a good thing

....because people who are as mad as a hatter shouldn't have guns.

Message 35 of 72
Latest reply

Joanie you might have been happier in the days of the wild west.
Cut seat belts out of cars??
Message 36 of 72
Latest reply

Joanie for a person who says she is frightened of the Police you certainly do a lot to attract their attention.

Message 37 of 72
Latest reply

By not wearing a seatbelt, you risk no one's life but your own, an empty beer can in your car is not gonna get you drunk. These laws are created for the soul purpose of condisioning the public, it's criminal training, teaching us all from a young age that we are slaves,, slave training. If the gobalists, the athority

This is almost the universal answer proffered by the paranoiacs.......everybody is out to get you.

It's not the deaths a lack of a seatbelt creates, it's having to tend to the cretins who don't wear one, once they're little more than a rutabaga, taking up years of effort in changing their diapers, shoving mush into their mindless maws, and cleaning their ulcerated bedsores........all paid for by those whe actually wear seatbelts..........if you go through the windshield in a wreck, and end up toe-tagged, that's fine and dandy.

Message 38 of 72
Latest reply

Lionrose...........and she still can't understand why the police confiscated her weapons........

Funny, they bleeped out the first part of a r s e nal.........

Message 39 of 72
Latest reply

@softail-joanie wrote:

Then theres the seatbelt law. these kind of laws angered me so much when i started driving and learned of them, that i would often cut the seatbelts out of my car, and hang an empty beer can from the rear view mirror. I never drank it, I always aggred that seatbelts save lives, the saftey factor, but believed and still do, that it should be a matter of personal choice.

By not wearing a seatbelt, you risk no one's life but your own, an empty beer can in your car is not gonna get you drunk. These laws are created for the soul purpose of condisioning the public,

So you provoke police to act then complain when they do.  Makes a lot of sense.

Why do you think seat belts and seat belt laws were introduced?  Because for too may people were getting killed, or seriously injured, that could have been saved by seatbelts.  The same applies to bike helmets. 

Sometimes we need laws introduced for people to act.  When seat belts were first introduced too many people refused to use them, citing safety concerns.  With the laws come standards which ensure the seat belts meet the appropriate standard.  Most people accept these laws are for the benefit of all. 

Message 40 of 72
Latest reply