Tony Abbott On Pollie Travel

Tony Abbott says politicians should work within the same entitlement rules as employees in a private business, indicating business class flights for MPs’ family members could be scrapped.

Entire Article Here

Fair enough, we don't expect the leaders of our country and their staff to travel "cattle class", but we should draw a line at recreational  travel for families and friends.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

The waste of taxpayers money is not only about travel.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/the-10-most-outrageous-things-pollies-have-spent-our-money-...

Or Joe Hockeys claim of $1,000.- per week rent to stay at his wifes house.

LOL, the deeper we dig, the dirtier the results.

Erica

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

Let's all hope that the trough will be emptied, the snouts will have to pull their heads in. They get paid well why should the taxpayers have to pay for politicians holidays and their kids holidays too.

Bring it on Mr Abbott.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

I wonder how many businesses supplying the parliamentarians and their office, will fare when the "entitlements" are adjusted to the communities' expectations?

DEB

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

@djlukjilly wrote:

Let's all hope that the trough will be emptied, the snouts will have to pull their heads in. They get paid well why should the taxpayers have to pay for politicians holidays and their kids holidays too.

Bring it on Mr Abbott.

Yes and Mr Abbott is the one with the guts to shine the torch under the fridge and watch the cockroaches swarm out from underneath.

Tony Perk should resign or Ms B Bishop should be reinstated.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

I wonder how many businesses supplying the parliamentarians and their office, will fare when the "entitlements" are adjusted to the communities' expectations?

DEB

I wondered about that too lloyd.  Try booking a hotel in Canberra when parliament is sitting and see how the price gets racked up.  Also the reason why Canberra to anywhere flights are amongst the most expensive in the country.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Tony says etc.In other words carry on as usual. 🙂
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

Their foreign 'fact finding'  *cough*  tours are what gets me. They can manage to rack up expense costs that even that well known spendthrift, Prince Andrew, would baulk at.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@djlukjilly wrote:

Bring it on Mr Abbott.

Yes and Mr Abbott is the one with the guts to shine the torch under the fridge and watch the cockroaches swarm out from underneath.

I think that you will find that it was Fairfax media that shone the torch underneath the fridge with Abbott spending 3 weeks turning on the kitchen light so the torch wouldn't be so obvious. He should have had the sense to sack Bishop as soon as the people and the media made it clear what their feelings were on this subject. the fact that he waited so long and supported her so publicly is a stain on his government.

And the comparison between Burke and Bishop is just laughable. What she did was clearlt AGAINST the rules. Weddings and private functions part of her entitlement? Her own party turned on her (and Abbott) for being stupid enough to continue to pretend it was her right to pay for things like a WEDDING with taxpayer money.

Burkes family travel WAS still within entitlement. As was Pynes and I am sure just about every other MP who has had family travel with them to meetings.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@djlukjilly wrote:

Bring it on Mr Abbott.

Expenses when in opp.jpg

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply