Tupperware replacement under lifetime guarantee.

Has anyone had any problems with getting damaged Tupperware items replaced?

Seems it now incurs a postage charge. That wasn't the agreement when the tupperware was purchased, so what are the ramifications?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I think that charging you postage is fair enough. They are replacing the container only. The postage should be outside of that.
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Well that wasn't the terms of the agreement many years ago when they were spruiking their lifetime guarantee. It was simply to return it to a rep and it would be replaced.

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Are you returning it to a rep or are you posting it direct to the company?

Hand it to a rep and then take delivery of it from the rep......let them fight it out with the company.

If the item is "many years old" then you are probably on a good deal if you only have to pay postage.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

I want to return it to a rep and I've asked them for contact details for one, but they won't provide it.  I know there are lots around here, as i live in Brisbane and they sometimes have promotions at our local shopping centre.

Apparently have this new policy whereby everything has to be posted back to them and then you also pay for postage of the new items back. if I was buying tupperware now and that was the policy, then I would happily abide, as that would be the agreement i entered into, however, that isn't the agreement that they had at the time, it was simply 'return it to a rep for replacement'.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

They hope to make the hoops too high to jump and you don't bother.
I had an issue with a lunchbox set that vac sealed a 5 yo out of her lunch.
I gave up.
Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

The other silly thing is that there is a major distribution centre 5 minutes from here that I could take the items to. I have pointed this out to them and am waiting to hear back. i somehow suspect that I won't though.

I have heaps of time so am happy to do the hoops. If I have success I'll let you know thew process. Thanks for your interest and support.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Those are their requirements.  Post it back.  You're getting a replacement free.

Unless the' both ways' postage is dearer than a new one?  Suck it up IMO

Want some cheese with that whine?

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

I asked for help and insight, not sarcasm. if you have nothing productive to offer then please leave it to those of us who are genuinely interested.

By the way, they weren't the requirements of the contract that I entered into when I bought the items (and lots of other very expensive tupperware items too). As I said, if I was buying now I would honour the new agreement, but I have  /or had no such agreement with Tupperware at the time of purchase, in fact they promoted quite the opposite.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

It looks like Tupperware are complying with their legal obligations under Australian Consumer Law (i.e. customer is responsible for postage, insurance costs etc. to return product to manufacturer/distributor).  I would imagine that any offer that they made a while ago may be overridden by ACL. 

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 34
Latest reply