WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

I recently stumbled across WORDLE online.  For the uninitiated, it is a daily word guessing game where you have to try to guess the word in 6 or less tries.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This, from Wikipedia, explains the game:

Every day, a five-letter word is chosen which players aim to guess within six tries. After every guess, each letter is marked as either green, yellow or gray: green indicates that letter is correct and in the correct position, yellow means it is in the answer but not in the right position, while gray indicates it is not in the answer at all. The game has a "hard mode" option, which requires players to include letters marked as green and yellow in subsequent guesses. The daily word is the same for everyone. The game also has a dark mode as well as a high-contrast theme for colourblind accessibility, which changes the color scheme from green and yellow to orange and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordle

This abc news story has some tips for playing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-26/why-wordle-has-become-a-new-online-obsession/100782794

I have found that most that most days I can get the daily word in 5 tries or less (mostly 5 though).  Interestingly, there is a spinoff of WORDLE called LEWDLE, where the words are lewd, or naughty, words.  I have better success with LEWDLE than I do with WORDLE . . . getting the word in just 2 or 3 attempts.  Not sure what that says about my private school education 🤣

Message 1 of 4,959
Latest reply
4,958 REPLIES 4,958

Re: WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

Wordle 231 3/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 seems to be my thing….. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 41 of 4,959
Latest reply

Wordle 231 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, 3 is becoming my “usual”.

Message 42 of 4,959
Latest reply

It has been bugging me everyone else can share the patterns except me.

I tried a different website where it did say share with emojis. So this is by way of a testing, testing.

I guessed this 5-letter word in 3/6 tries.

🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can you guess this word?
https://wordlegame.org/?challenge=dGhvcm4

I can't do it from my main wordle site though.

Message 43 of 4,959
Latest reply

The Wordlegame link is a different version of the game...?

Just to be sure... are you doing the actual Wordle game at https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/ ...?

Message 44 of 4,959
Latest reply

springy, this is where the share button is

Screenshot_20220205-155520_Chrome.jpg

Ignore the result where I got it in 1 . . . I cheated the first time on this device.  I had already done the game on another device and then decided to use this device to do Wordles and put the result into the Wordle.

Message 45 of 4,959
Latest reply

I didn't cheat, and I did get it in one today! Those that are friends with me on Facebook would be able to see it. It was a completely fluke, and I doubt it will EVER happen again, but I was quite chuffed with my little effort! Tomorrow will probably take me 6 goes, or I won't get it at all. Just to spite me.

Message 46 of 4,959
Latest reply

It’s another 3 for me; I was hovering between two main possibilities with the third try.

Wordle 232 3/6

🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Message 47 of 4,959
Latest reply

Yes it was a different site, countess.

I must admit when I first started, I googled rather than clicked the link as I thought there would only be one wordle but since then I have been working on 3 different sites. Not as often on the UK site. Only been on that twice.

What I have found is one of the other sites generates a new word every time you log on, it isn't the same word for everyone every day. I try to limit myself to once a day on it though.😁

Message 48 of 4,959
Latest reply

Wordle 232 5/6

🟩
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Countess seems to be getting it in 3 as her "normal". My "normal" is getting nothing on the first go (except for yesterday!)

I just wish there was more than one a day!

Message 49 of 4,959
Latest reply

Do as I do and try the other wordle sites! There's one where you can click onto a new one as soon as you finish the first one.

I once got a wordle on my second try but to be honest, so much depends on luck and getting a letter or two to work with on your first try.

Wordle Game - Play Wordle with Unlimited Words

Wordle Game - Play WORDLE Unlimited (wordle-play.com)

Message 50 of 4,959
Latest reply