WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

I recently stumbled across WORDLE online.  For the uninitiated, it is a daily word guessing game where you have to try to guess the word in 6 or less tries.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This, from Wikipedia, explains the game:

Every day, a five-letter word is chosen which players aim to guess within six tries. After every guess, each letter is marked as either green, yellow or gray: green indicates that letter is correct and in the correct position, yellow means it is in the answer but not in the right position, while gray indicates it is not in the answer at all. The game has a "hard mode" option, which requires players to include letters marked as green and yellow in subsequent guesses. The daily word is the same for everyone. The game also has a dark mode as well as a high-contrast theme for colourblind accessibility, which changes the color scheme from green and yellow to orange and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordle

This abc news story has some tips for playing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-26/why-wordle-has-become-a-new-online-obsession/100782794

I have found that most that most days I can get the daily word in 5 tries or less (mostly 5 though).  Interestingly, there is a spinoff of WORDLE called LEWDLE, where the words are lewd, or naughty, words.  I have better success with LEWDLE than I do with WORDLE . . . getting the word in just 2 or 3 attempts.  Not sure what that says about my private school education 🤣

Message 1 of 4,891
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@springyzone wrote:

Do as I do and try the other wordle sites! 

Wordle Game - Play Wordle with Unlimited Words

Wordle Game - Play WORDLE Unlimited (wordle-play.com)

the first link is great. It just reloads each time after you guess it. Has other options for up to 11 letter words.  I could be here all night 😂

Damn you springy, now I’ll get nothing else done, mate !! 😂😂😂😂😂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.

View solution in original post

Message 53 of 4,891
Latest reply

My Octordle strategy includes using as many letters (esp vowels) in the first 3 guesses as possible so that I’m in a good position to gallivant through the words from 4 onwards. Occasionally I might need another letter elimination guess.

View solution in original post

Message 339 of 4,891
Latest reply
4,890 REPLIES 4,890

k1ooo, thank you for that.

I just tried it, and got the word in 3 attempts.

Wordle 222 3/6

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Should I put today’s word here in a spoiler? Perhaps not.

However, I can reveal that I used the tip in the ABC article for my first attempt. (Very good tip indeed; it confirms or knocks out common letters to make the next guess a matter of word-sense and logic.)

Message 2 of 4,891
Latest reply

Wordle seems to be exploding world wide, I am seeing it mentioned on FB a lot.

I gave it a go and got it second try, which surprised me.

I started with the word 'think'. LOL

I haven't read any tips but I used to watch wheel of fortune.😁

I guess it is a matter of working out what vowels are in it and knowing the most common consonants and spelling patterns but it helps if you stumble across a first good guess. 

Message 3 of 4,891
Latest reply

I've seen it lately in my newsfeed, but had no idea what it was. I'm glad I saw this thread. I just had a go and it took me 5 goes. I did get it though, and I'm pretty chuffed! I started with the word "truth", and got one green and one yellow. That's all I'm going to say, so as not to spoil it for anyone else.

Message 4 of 4,891
Latest reply

I saw a news article a bit over a week ago, and gave it a try.

I start with the same word each time (it uses 5 common letters), and usually solve it in 3 to 5 moves - the best was 2 and I was elated.

You do have to be careful, as a letter can be used twice, and that can trip you up a bit if you don't keep it in mind.

Message 5 of 4,891
Latest reply

My son introduced me to WORDLE a week or so ago.  It's kinda fun🤔😎

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 10.26.17.png

might have to give LEWDLE a try🤔

Message 6 of 4,891
Latest reply

Today, I got WORDLE in 4 . . . and LEWDLE in 2

Message 7 of 4,891
Latest reply

I gave LEWDLE a whirl. My mind is just not geared to thinking of lewd words, so I freely admit I used some word list help. I finally guessed the word in 3 attempts.

Message 8 of 4,891
Latest reply

Third time today, started with quick.

I saw the link to lewdle but I wondered if there are enough rude words to sustain the game, especially 5 letter words.

Message 9 of 4,891
Latest reply

Wordle 223 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A little harder this time…!

Message 10 of 4,891
Latest reply