Wall bed, Murphy beds

I'm in the process of downsizing,   from a large 2-br flat to a small 1-br flat.

The sales have gone through (yippee) so I expect to move mid July, and am decluttering for all I'm worth

I've come across these wall beds and am rather keen to get one for the bedroom, thus allowing much more space for other things (like my keyboard, and exercise machine) which I couldn't fit in with a normal bed.

has anyone had any experience with these?  I know they're very popular overseas.

Any comments  would be really welcome. 

(edited for poor spelling)

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Wall bed, Murphy beds

Bright - perhaps you could even fit in one for Fred

doggy murphy.jpg

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Image result for angry chihuahua emoticons

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

Springy I'm looking at a wall bed, not a foldup bed.  This is where I'll be going tomorrow to check some out

http://www.thecomfortshop.com.au/wall_beds/wall_beds_telemaco120.php

As I can free up the bedroom space i might be able to use it as an art studio.  I haven't done any painting  for quite a while and thought there wouldn't be enough room to take over my materials, but in this way I could.  And I might get back to painting  too.  It would be nice to have the option.

Yep, looks like a good quality one.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Some of you people are crazy 😜 😜

My sister has a fold out bed in the living room of her apartment.  When closed up you would think it was just a cupboard.  I haven't slept on it but she has and tells me it's really comfortable.  I don't know how much she paid for it, but she's usually pretty careful with her money so it wouldn't have been over the top (or cheap and nasty either).

I don't know that I'd like one as my everyday bed though. Simply because I think it would be a pain packing it up and down every day.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

Lurker it works with a spring action ie fingertip control (so they say)  and have a strap to put around the bedding so it stays on.  Anyway I'll be looking at them sometime this week.  I went and had a look at my new little flat last night to measure up and the bedrom is 3 1/2 M square, now that's pretty small.  The owner has a queen in there and it fills the room. 

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Bright - that room is quite small - is it a separate bedroom - or like a studio apartment.

Ever thought of a ' day bed ' - can double as a couch if used as a study as well.

day bed.jpg

Can have much needed storage etc for a small apartment.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

I really love that bed.  Is it like a sofa bed ( prob not by the looks of it),   The living room is the same size as the bedroom separatd by a wall and door,   and a sort of kitchenette off the lounge.  . At the other end off the bedroom is a bathroom with a decent shower, and laundry with washing m/c.    The upside is there's a reasonable courtyard with a shed which I so much wanted for my dog (and me)and I've had to forfeit the inner space for that.  , I'm moving down from a very big flat with 2-br and a really big c/yard and decluttering for all it's worth as I don't need something so big now.  .  I was terribly lucky, I bought first (a friend lent me the deposit) and a week later this place sold!  Move across in July. 

Do you mind me asking if there's a link to that day bed domino?

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

I just googled day beds ' - images - & - there it was - I liked it very much also.

Having lived in small apartments in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney for many years I became an expert - well very concious of space.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Would not suggest a sofa bed for sleeping daily - OK for a couple of nights - but haven't slept on one yet I could use on a permanent basis.

db 1.jpg

This is a romantic one.

db 2.jpg

As long as it is a ' close ' friend.

db 3.jpg

Bit of storage here.

db 4.jpg

Lappy Desk Mat. LOL

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply