We bought that computer with windows 7 and have another question...

lal-au0
Community Member

every time we want to use the internet we have to go to that internet connection thingie and type in the password and name.

we cannot open the internet just by clicking on firefox.

we did save the password which makes it a bit less annoying but we don't really want to live with it like that.

aaarrrggghhhh!

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: We bought that computer with windows 7 and have another question...

I think...click the signal icon>>>open network and sharing center (just below the list)>>>>manage wireless networks (on the upper left)>>>right click on your network>>>>properties>>>check off, "connect automatically when in range".

I hope that's the answer to your problem.

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

I believe the instructions above work for wireless or direct connection (lan).

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

Lal, a question, is your computer connected to the modem with an RJ45 lead (8pin rectangular plug , cable colour blue normally)

If it is than your modem has to be set up with your username and password ( the one you use to connect to the internet via your provider) once you have done that there is a "save settings" in your modem home page.

If you are unsure of how to do that your provider can instruct you on how to access the modem setup page and where to find the things that you need to set.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

thanks all,

hubby fixed it. he doesn't know how but now i only have to click on "connect" and don't have to type in a password. that is good enough.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Lal, You should not even have to click "connect" if you have a wired LAN (blue cable with 8 pin rectangular plug) betwenn computer and modem.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

the cable is yellow but we also have a blue one which is longer.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

The colour does not matter as long as it has an 8 pin RJ 45 plug, which it would have

Where do you click "commect"

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

there is a symbol at the bottom right of the screen which i click on, then a little window opens and there i click on something else.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

does it look like this? wifi.jpg

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply