Is eBay dying

?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What happened?

I wasn't on the boards until after Lithium, either. Generally though, eBay has changed dramatically in those ten years (I was buying up a storm).

It was a different place. Zing off a bank deposit and hey presto your stuff turned up. Australian eBay, was Australian eBay. For exotic stuff signing in to eBay U.S. was needed...no wading through 10000 Chinese listings. 

People trusted each other more and that mostly worked out, rather than all this I've just been shafted by yet another buyer and/or seller thread.

yep...eBay ain't what it used to be

eBay has steady large retailers now, yes, and is using discount offers to lure us into buying from them. Each has their own online store with offers on a regular basis, too...so be interesting to see how many value eBay sales longterm. Each one I have bought from here has subsequently sent me separate deals for their own sites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

The no right of appeal is definitely too harsh. Even criminals released from jail are given a second chance. Not everyone reoffends. Not here though. I know a few that have suffered that fate and any appeals are either denied, or mostly completely ignored. They can't even give the member the dignity to reply to their request, even if it's just to deny it.

I am glad we have good moderators, I've been on groups that are unmoderated and they just turn feral and it's just one shat fight after another. It can get really ugly. I think they should allow members to reapply after a certain time though.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

But surely it is an offence to bring seeds to Australia without permit anyway!!!

eBay should be taking off these sellers just for making listings for Australia.

Lithium totally destroyed the answer section.  I was coming here from about 2004 (?) but now the only time I go to the Answer Centre is when I want to ask about something,  Often it takes day or 2 before anybody else comes along, and by then I either sorted it out myself or it became irrelevant.   there are ofter topics started days before and nobody responds.  Before Lithium took over we all hang around there, answered questions, often within minutes, and then discussed the subject or diverged to related something, or even unrelated, but people always got help.  I bet anything that many people now never find out what they needed, and they may not bother to shop here again. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

What happened?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do you mean ebay or the forums in particular?

Cos if you mean CS, it's apparently because posters like to swear a lot,

and call people names and they can't do it here.  

I've gotten used to the moderation, and it's actually calmed me down a lot.

Who needs all that angst?      I prefer not to burst a vein over things

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

Does this help?

This board used to be so busy that we even needed moderating

When it was being heavily monitored and moderated eBay did not know they were onto something good...........

It was 10 years ago I went to eBay Live in Las Vegas, how times have changed.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

It was liively everywhere to the point where everyone begged and crawled to eBay, the moderators or anyone they could ge hold of

Everyone was making sales etc

Photobucket
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

What happened?

Peeps found FB lol

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

@donnashuggy wrote:

Does this help?

This board used to be so busy that we even needed moderating

When it was being heavily monitored and moderated eBay did not know they were onto something good...........

It was 10 years ago I went to eBay Live in Las Vegas, how times have changed.

I must be tired.  I don't even know what all that means.

I'm late to the boards, Donna.

Lithium had just taken over when I got here, so I don't know what it

was like before that.

I know people say that the first page was always moving

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

Oh I was just asking on the ps board, it was thriving 10 years ago

Yes there was a lot of nastiness and stuff but it was very busy 'for' eBay which meant it has a lot of interest

Photobucket
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

I don't go in there much.   If I want to comment I'll show my pretty dress.  lol

Ebay keeps shifting the goal posts for sellers

It's just getting too hard for some

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

They have not managed their popularity well, it  may change now that they have some steady large retailers

Photobucket
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

I wasn't on the boards until after Lithium, either. Generally though, eBay has changed dramatically in those ten years (I was buying up a storm).

It was a different place. Zing off a bank deposit and hey presto your stuff turned up. Australian eBay, was Australian eBay. For exotic stuff signing in to eBay U.S. was needed...no wading through 10000 Chinese listings. 

People trusted each other more and that mostly worked out, rather than all this I've just been shafted by yet another buyer and/or seller thread.

yep...eBay ain't what it used to be

eBay has steady large retailers now, yes, and is using discount offers to lure us into buying from them. Each has their own online store with offers on a regular basis, too...so be interesting to see how many value eBay sales longterm. Each one I have bought from here has subsequently sent me separate deals for their own sites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply