When do you like to pull down your...............

Christmas tree?...

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: When do you like to pull down your...............

We pulled everything down yesterday, but it had all been up since the first Sunday in December when we had our annual gathering ....  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

It usually goes up on 13/12, 12 days before Christmas, and comes down on NYE.
This year it went up on 14th and the kids asked to pull it down this morning. I've just finished vacuuming up the tiny little plastic bits it seems to shed.
I think this might have been that trees last year, Hubs wants a new one that sheds less. I don't want a new one, that will mean buying new deco's and I can't be bothered.
Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

.....if you had a spare room you could just bung it in there, fully erect and decorated, then just bring it out each year Smiley LOL

My daughter invited her 2 girl cousins over before Xmas to 'assist' and train them in how to put up and decorate a Christmas tree.(so they could rush home and do the same with theirs for the first time) They are aged 5 yrs and 3 yrs. Their Mum is Chinese and is new to all this Western stuff. ......they did a brilliant job.

Cute result.......they could only reach up so far, so the top 1/3rd is bereft of decorations LOL I left it as is and held the 3 yr old up to plonk a gold star on top.

Ahhh! The joy & 'Sparkle' of Christmas deckies and lights.....yep I usually take them down around the 4th January.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Probably next week sometime, on a coolish day.

My mother has a mini tree, around 60 cm high. She just puts a bin liner over it, decorations and all, and puts it in a spare wardrobe until the next year.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

I didn't have a tree inside this year.  

Just adornments and tartan ribbons and lights and beads on the sideboard and side tables and some additional baubles popped into the normal potted plants. The newly handmade door wreath will be packed away too.

4th January here.

DEB

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

On the 5th of January.  That to me is the twelfth day.

Same here, Joono.  I think it must be an English thing. I was always told it was bad luck to leave any Christmas decorations up after 12th night.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@siggie-reported-by-alarmists wrote:

I always put mine up on the first of December.

I like to pull mine down on the first of January.

I thought that was the norm.

I don't think there are any Christmas tree taking down policeCat LOL

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

to lloydlights who posted:

I didn't have a tree inside this year.  

Just adornments and tartan ribbons and lights and beads on the sideboard and side tables and some additional baubles popped into the normal potted plants. The newly handmade door wreath will be packed away too.

4th January here.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

i started taking down the outdoor lights yesterday.

Was going to do the rest today but its pouring rain.

The tree will come down this week

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply