Who has been buying their Xmas gifts online?

Oh I love love love that I can so easily buy some (not all sadly) Xmas gifts online, especially on eBay.

I did have to go shopping last week at the huge monstrosity of a shopping centre along with every other Xmas shopper to buy some gifts because it wasn't practical to buy them online. I had to walk from one end of the centre to the other end TWICE and I swear one end is in a different postcode to the other end. My feet hurt the next day.

But now I have done my B&M shopping I am loving it when all I have to do is click and pay online and now all the parcels are turning up on my doorstep. My son-in-law is a collector of vintage blues LP's and I found the perfect album and won it for a great price on eBay. I'm buying new books for only 2/3'rds of the price they would have cost me in a B&M shop. I only buy "free postage" items because the postage on some items outweighs the bargain. And I'm looking for antique quirky stuff as well but so far I've been outbid but I'm not giving up yet. It's fun. Yipeeee!

PS I do not want to hear from those weird people who complete their Xmas shopping in July. Thank you. 🙂

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I've been buying online and after going to one of those shopping centres yesterday that you described I confirmed why I have been shopping online.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I have purchased the grand total of 2 gifts.......................... I need to get 20 more. I might get it done on Christmas Eve....................

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Gift cards at the supermarket work great for me

Then they can get what they want,  not what I want them to have.

Littlest grandson's presents were bought months ago

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

I have purchased the grand total of 2 gifts.......................... I need to get 20 more. I might get it done on Christmas Eve....................

Oh good! You are not one of those 'weird' people  Woman LOL

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Gift cards at the supermarket work great for me

Then they can get what they want,  not what I want them to have.

Littlest grandson's presents were bought months ago

I like gift cards. Sometimes it can take me ages to decide what I'm going to spend them on. Last Xmas I received a Gift Card for the ABC Online shop and I only just used it a month ago when I was feeling down one night and remembered I had the card and bought myself a great book. It really lifted my spirits.

But sometimes I worry the person I gave the card to will forget to spend before it expires.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

most of my prezzy people want money this year, so boringly dull but easy to wrap. I have got a few things online from the other online site starting with e - stuff from Latvia & the UK.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

I think, and I may be mistaken - will have to have a look,

I think they brought in a law to say there is no expiry - the company

has your money, they are obliged to supply goods to that value.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

The store gift cards do have expiry dates, usually 12 months, some are 2 years. If you don't cash it in before then, too late.

VIC Fair Trading

A trader is not obliged to honour a gift card or voucher after the expiry date, unless otherwise negotiated.

If the gift card of voucher does not have an expiry date, the customer may use it for a reasonable length of time after it was originally purchased.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

From consumer affairs - I was wrong  (c &p that bit for future posts)

Using a gift voucher or gift card after the expiry date A trader is not obliged to honour a gift card or voucher after the expiry date, unless otherwise negotiated.If the gift card of voucher does not have an expiry date, the customer may use it for a reasonable length of time after it was originally purchased.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply