Why are we blaming Hockey and Abott?

Obviously the money has got to come from somewhere. Where do you want to take it from???

Message 1 of 301
Latest reply
300 REPLIES 300

Re: Why are we blaming Hockey and Abott?

@izabsmiling wrote:

@poddster wrote:

Debt is nothing to be proud of Deb

If my Pop was alive he'd be hitting anyone and everyone who dared support a plan to starve Aussies for 6 months ..I can see him doing it from his wheel chair now .

After all he and his fellow diggers went through...because of hate,greed and deluded thinking 

He said we must never forget...and yet it is happening in his own Country.He'd spit chips and he'd do harm.He  would have done that over our treatment and attitude to Asylum seekers too.He'd give a mouthful

and I would applaud and respect him for it.

And he'd be up for assault.

Message 101 of 301
Latest reply

@matthew_mark_luke_and_bob wrote:

I'm not hearing any solutions just whinging.  Abott simply has to say the situation he came into is a lot worst than he thought and he has no choice but to break his promise. 

I posted why an Economist declared the budget a FAIL.. did you read that.??  based on facts, not political spin.

PM's can't simply state situation is worse thn he thought and has no choice to break his promise. He would have to prove that to be true, and it isn't.

Message 102 of 301
Latest reply

Our Government is up for International Human  Rights abuses .They plan to abuse their own people too .

Message 103 of 301
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
The solution., maybe they just should've,increased GST across the board, everybody pays that .

thats the intention , and yet they chose to lie about it and force the states to seek a GST rise instead of coming clean themselves. so in fact not only did they show poor judgement they also showed a lack of courage. .. and it still backfired.

Message 104 of 301
Latest reply

like gillard?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 105 of 301
Latest reply

@lakeland27 wrote:

most economists disagree. when i;m dead i can't service debt. a country can . debt and borrowings keep the world economies turning over .. if it stops the real problems start.

True

...which may please those people who think getting the government's deficits and debt down as quickly as possible is the only thing that matters, but would worry most business people and economists.

Why? When governments spend more in the economy than they take out of it in tax collections - that is, run a deficit - they're contributing to the net demand for the production of goods and services that keeps the economy growing and increasing employment opportunities. Which, when private demand is weak, is a good thing.

(It would be a different matter if private demand were strong and the additional demand from the public sector was adding to inflation pressure.)

Message 106 of 301
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

LL when a country can not service its debt it IS dead and its bones get picked over by the creditors

we are fortunate  that we aren't facing such a thing . merely confected lies to give that impression.

Message 107 of 301
Latest reply

I don't think It's that stupid, people with higher incomes do more discretionary spending, although the way the economy has been talked down over the past few months, probably no-one is game to spend anything.

We'll probably get increased GST as well as all the new taxes and welfare cuts anyway
Message 108 of 301
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@matthew_mark_luke_and_bob wrote:

I'm not hearing any solutions just whinging.  Abott simply has to say the situation he came into is a lot worst than he thought and he has no choice but to break his promise. 

I posted why an Economist declared the budget a FAIL.. did you read that.??  based on facts, not political spin.

PM's can't simply state situation is worse thn he thought and has no choice to break his promise. He would have to prove that to be true, and it isn't.

You do know that Economists have personal political views too?

A lot of money was spent by the previous Government in order to stave off the GFC. I get that was necessary (although the execution could have been better) BUT, now is tightening the belt time. Something that it seems a lot of people don't get. What happens when there's another crisis in a couple of years? Where will the money be then?

Message 109 of 301
Latest reply

@izabsmiling wrote:

@crystal**flake wrote:

I dont understand what everyone is talking about.....................starving people?  I dont think so,

under 30's.. no dole for 6 months

Even those under 25's who are eligible for Youth Allce for 6 mths out of 12, will have $47 less per week (18% lower income than now).

They only get a pittance as it is, take $47 off that.... I see people going hungry.

Message 110 of 301
Latest reply