Why is Australia so slow at adopting electric cars?

Negative charge: why is Australia so slow at adopting electric cars?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-09/why-is-australia-so-slow-at-adopting-electric-cars/9135798

1. cars are very expensive

2. limited rand on a charge

3. charging stations few and far between

4. battery life/ cost to replace.

and maybe like the conversion to LPG that many people spent large amounts of money on to then find the price of gas rose to make no difference to staying on petrol. once bitten twice shy.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

We can't even keep the lights on
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just drove into town and found two vacant parking spaces under the shade of an ancient tree right in the centre of town. Its 36 degrees here today, so I couldnt believe my luck. That was until I noticed the sign which said they where reserved for electric vehicles. It turns out the council has fitted up free charging stations, so you can have one of the best car parks in town and leave your car there all day on the free charger. If you worked nearby it would be perfect.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

just waiting for some wealthy tree hugger (tongue in cheek) to buy an electric car, how kind.

@chameleon54 wrote:

Just drove into town and found two vacant parking spaces under the shade of an ancient tree right in the centre of town. Its 36 degrees here today, so I couldnt believe my luck. That was until I noticed the sign which said they where reserved for electric vehicles. It turns out the council has fitted up free charging stations, so you can have one of the best car parks in town and leave your car there all day on the free charger. If you worked nearby it would be perfect.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I've no objection to electric cars, but they're quiet and I'm damned if I'm going to fork out for a set of spoke rims so I can stick a playing card in them, so I can go "Lubbalubbalubbalub" as I go down the road, and not startle pedestrians, ha ha.

🙂

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Related image
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply