Wow, we are copping some rain here atm

I'm starting to become a tad concerned, hoping my town doesnt flood, like it did last yr

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

ecar3483
Community Member

That doesn't sound good, Bushie.

Stay safe.

I'll be thinking of you.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

im down on the surf coast of victoria, fair bit of rain today but very windy tonight.  

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

I'm starting to become a tad concerned, hoping my town doesnt flood, like it did last yr

Same here. I have had to stay indoors all day today ( listing on ebay )  and Thursday they are forcasting another 50 mm. of rain. Last week I had to evacuate a mob of sheep from one small farm that was completely covered in water. The only dry spot was half an acre around the house.

I have packed my bags and I,m driving up to our remote farm 250 km. away to work for the next couple of days as it is only supposed to be scattered showers up there. I,m hoping to be riding the lawn mower around in the sunshine, while it pours at home.......... At least it will help the sheep feed to grow.      Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

The livestock around here are going to need flippers soon, most of the paddocks are drenched, thankfully most of the lambing is done, the cereal crops really dont need anymore rain.

My neighbour is having probs getting around her farm atm,  very, very boggy

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Is your home on high ground Bushie or might you have to evacuate?

Stay safe!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

We are fine Lyndal, those down near the creek would be a tad concerned atm   ...... my friend was flooded out last yr, her former house  can no longer be lived in, thankfully she was well insured and now has a new home, no where near the creek

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Hoping everything is okay today for you Bushie with no threat of flood.

Big storm here also with lots of lightning overnight.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Rain seems to have eased this morning Tas, wind is blowing a gale    ..... hope you and Mr Tas are ok ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, we're fine thanks Bushie x

It looks a little bit like an Alaskan winter here at the moment, not even 10am yet and the street lights are on.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply