Wrong parking ticket

I parked in a local  side st last night while i took my dog for walk and when i came 

Back  there was a parking ticket naming a street  3km away in a different suburb with Permit Zone on it. Not only wrong st but the st i parked in has no restrictions.    What the ......      but how can i prove they are wrong?.. 

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Wrong parking ticket

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Have you checked the ticket actually has your rego number on it?

I had one put on my car some time ago that wasn't mine.  Someone playing funny buggahs.

Otherwise, dunno.  Someone else might have a clue.   

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

That was what I thought as I read the OP

Could be whoever got it just shoved it on a random car........thinking it would get them out of trouble. Ahem

Otherwise maybe report it to the relevant peoples.......it might not be an isolated case 

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Nope they got the rego right and it's my car.   I've protested to the council and asked if the inspector took photos.....  if he did they'll see it's the wrong street.  Unfortunately I was taking the dog for a walk so no one can vouch for me.  

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Bright, a bit of googling shows you have to object in writing, but within 28 days. (In Vic)

How do I challenge a parking fine?

To challenge a parking fine, contact the council or issuing body to find out how to do this – some councils have a form that you need to complete and others will accept a letter. You must do this within 28 days of receiving the fine.

https://www.victorialawfoundation.org.au/want-to-challenge-a-parking-fine

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Perhaps do a door knock of a few houses that appear to always park in the street and see if they also got a ticket recently.

Could be the inspector thought he was in a permit street at the time.

image host
Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

He didn't know where he was.

The ticket was issued for a street 3 klms away.

What a moron!

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Yeah, for someone representing the council and issuing infringements, not good.

img_0650.gif

image host
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Bright,

I would simply challenge the ' ticket ' - think you can do this online.

Had you had a phone with camera - a shot with the fine & something in the background would have input.

You were walking your pooch 3 klms from the designated (fined) street.

Why would you walk your pooch on that street.

You obviously had a reason to drive and walk where you did & park.

If it has happened before & no-one has challenged it - it could be an over zealous parking person - trying to gain ' fines ' - has happened - think they are expected to justify their job..

Stick to your guns - fight it.

I would.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Wrong parking ticket

Wonder if the chap had just attended a "happy hour"  somewhere in a different street and somehow staggered to the wrong area? ....  Woman LOL

drunk.gif

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply