Xmas present help please

I know there are grandparents out there with small children.

Can you help me. I have a girl in the 3-4 yr age group, and a boy in the 4-5 yr age group.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Xmas present help please

Lego now comes in age appropriate designs. Master 4 is showing a keen interest in Lego now.

Tutus fairy wands etc for little girls.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

If they are anything like my 4.5 year old daughter and her friends at playgroup, anything to do with "Frozen" will go down a treat. 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@uno.who wrote:

I know there are grandparents out there with small children.

Can you help me. I have a girl in the 3-4 yr age group, and a boy in the 4-5 yr age group.

There are children in my family that age. The girls are into "crystal clusters" - I bought them some amethyst crystals, bright pink/purple in colour embedded into rock and they loved them. It can get a bit pricey but I think coloured stones and beads are always a winner. For the boys, ever considered a Furbie or any other mechanical moving animal that is battery operated?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies. I'm leaning towards Peppa pig merchandise for the girl, however I may change my mind and buy a Frozen toddler doll, they are so sweet.

The boy has plenty of Thomas trains, and Chuggington. His father has built him a hornsby set too. He just got his first puppy, don't get me started on the price of that! Are there any cartoon videos that 5 year old boys particularly like? When I last bought for boys that age it was Inspector Gadget, Ninja Turtles and Transformers.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

My daughter found a solution for us regarding Xmas presents for the little ones ( who had heaps of toys) We gave them money, and my daughter took them shopping to the after Xmas Sales. The children were excited about being able to choose their own gifts.

Most large stores have a huge toy section and children love to select something for themself.

We had introduced Gift Vouchers for the teenagers long before, but never thought how much small children enjoy shopping and spending their own money.

No more headaches for me, Erica

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I am now giving money for birthdays, along with a small gift.

For Christmas this year, miss 7 is getting a sewing machine, Elna mini. masters 7 and 5 are getting a mini pool table to share. I have 5 more girls and a boy to decide on....................

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

My niece's children aged 3 -10 have enough toys to open a toy shop (gifts from various rellies, friends). If any Grandparents asks what to give the kids for presents she suggests money towards their after school activities like swimming lessons. Which some have done.

I give them money as I know they like to go to the shops and choose something for themselves. After Christmas sales they can get more for their $.
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@uno.who wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I'm leaning towards Peppa pig merchandise for the girl, however I may change my mind and buy a Frozen toddler doll, they are so sweet.

The boy has plenty of Thomas trains, and Chuggington. His father has built him a hornsby set too. He just got his first puppy, don't get me started on the price of that! Are there any cartoon videos that 5 year old boys particularly like? When I last bought for boys that age it was Inspector Gadget, Ninja Turtles and Transformers.

Uno, stick with the vintage cartoons: I recently bought a young male relative the entire series of the 1980's "Astro-boy." He is about 5 and really loved the show: much better than the 2000+ remake and better than the black and white 60's version. Today's cartoons are too pseudo-smart IMO.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply