anyone else have a barking dog next door?

I have lived in our home here for nearly 30 yrs.  Never had dog problems:-(  The last 18 months has been TERRIBLE.

2 doors down had  a dog that has left me that anxious that barked hours and hours until its voicebox squeaked.  Owner said to council i dont care im not home to hear it.  All us neighbours were about to take him to court and thank goodness he sold the house and left. Council  is hopeless they do nothing he got 5 fines and didnt pay.   2 WEEKS later metres from our house at the back new neighbours moved in with a dam other new dog and then the next WEEK neighbours behind us even closer about 7 metres from their house to ours got a new puppy let it bark at the back at their back door.  Thought it was quiet the dog has gone and last week that neighbour had a english bulldog which i never heard.  THe other neighbours behind us moved as the  house went for sale. It WAS SO QUIET for 2 months i would sit outside and just relax thinking how relaxing it was to just have quiet.

WELL these eldery couple has just got a new DAM PUPPY she lets it out early in the morning and lets it yappy yap yap 3 barks a second right near our bedroom window.  I drove around and shes home i saw her come to the window.  WHY WOULD YOU LET A DAM DOG metres around other homes just let it yap for ages.  Its under the verandah so it just echoes right through our home.  Im back again closing the sliding doors, windows and putting the tv on and i still can hear that dam mutt of a dog.

Rang the council yet again and they are hopeless.  We have just finished extending and our home is pretty large now everything is done and i dont want to move but my nerves cant take it:-(

AND the other  neighbours right behind us on our double storey i heard some crying and they have a new BLUE HEELER dog.  The council told me they need to be walked 15 kms a day.  Their back yard is tiny and right near our back family room and bedroom.

Im about to write these other neighbours a letter but HONESTLY common sense why move into a new neighbourhood and just ignore its yapping so dam rude!!!

sorry just need to vent.  I have a golden and we have taught him from day one not to bark and the other neighbour thought he was gone as he never hears our dog.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Oh you poor thing, Tiggywinks.

I have recently been hounded with a "work" dog being left at home by his builder owner.  It barks and barks and then the quiet ones in the neighbouring yard get excited and add to the din.  

Excruciating for peoples nerves.  And animal cruelty to a degree, by the owners IMO.

I don't have answers, other than having a chat with the neighbours.

DEB

Message 2 of 74
Latest reply

Get a sound activated high frequency emitting device.

Every time the dog barks it emits a signal only audible to dogs and is annoying to them.

image host
Message 3 of 74
Latest reply

I think the dogs have to wear them on their collars though, Kopes

And they're not cheap if you want to give them as a present.

Next door bought a rescue dog.   Nice of them.

But.....it belonged to a little old lady.  It's 9 years old and all it

wants is a nice quiet life lying indoors.   They boot it outside in the cold

and it barks to be let back in.    They don't seem to hear it.

They've also got little kids that give blood curdling screams and the dog barks

non-stop when they do

Message 4 of 74
Latest reply

They have ones you can put up youself near the fence.

I don't get thoughtless people sometimes.

I guess I am brought up differently.

I would be like, Sorry to have to tell you but the dog barks because it's an indoor dog.

And see the reaction, whether sympathetic to the problem or not.

image host
Message 5 of 74
Latest reply

I've told them, Kopes, and they don't care.

All I can do is wait until they outgrow their house.

Hopefully that's not too long.  2 br house - kids are a boy and a girl

Message 6 of 74
Latest reply

I never will understand why people have dogs and keep them outside all of the time.

Message 7 of 74
Latest reply

I think as a complainant you need to keep a log book. And the dog needs to bark continuously for a very long time. Five minutes maybe. 

Message 8 of 74
Latest reply

i was just looking into buying one of those ultrasonic dog things.  My neighbour across the road just gave me hers to try but.... we have a high fence and its kind of on the corner of our property and they have latice on top of their fence so i have to work out how to use it.

the neighbours across the road where this lady lives there is 2 dogs that have gone off all day but.... its a distance from my house so its not as bad its the ones a few metres from my house at the back i cant stand it echoes so bad.  Ive gone and told my neighbour and she feels so bad shes going to get a spraying collar from the council tomorrow.  I dont mind it as bad when the owner will try and do something about it.  But honestly to let it bark at the back door and ignore it!!!

Message 9 of 74
Latest reply

Five minutes??!!!!!

I could live with ONLY five minutes of barking

Message 10 of 74
Latest reply