Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Blacktown NSW Vote For Name Change

Blacktown residents could soon head to the polls to determine whether the area should change its name because ... well, it is not entirely clear why.Independent councillor Russell Dickens,who holds the balance of power in the chamber and has been cam...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! What is it with young Aussie tennis players?

I'm over this bratty behaviour.Lleyton Hewitt was a bratMark Philippoussis was a bratBernard Tomic has been a bratNick Kyrgios is a bratI think any young tennis players with potential should be sent to Sweden for their formative years so they can lea...

Running The London Marathon At That Time Of Month

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Woman runs whole London Marathon without tampon to fight the 'stigma of periods' - Health & Families - Life and Style - The Independent“The marathon for me was about family and feminism,” she said – the latter being because...

• 98 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Healthy Welfare Card To Tackle Alcohol and Drug Abuse

A radical near-cashless welfare trial aimed at stemming the rivers of grog that entrench social catastrophe in remote towns will be implemented in three locations in close co-operation with the communities’ leaders. Kununurra and Halls Creek in Weste...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Newcastle Mother Charged With Murdering Her Baby

A Newcastle (NSW) mother has been charged with murder after her six-week-old baby girl was found dead.The woman will face Newcastle Local Court tomorrow. Neighbours told local media the mother was led from the scene in handcuffs The family, believed ...

• 57 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Escape To The Wild on ABC 8.30 pm

Love this show with Kevin Mcloud of Grand Designs "Kevin McCloud travels the globe, meeting people who have relocated to the most surprising and unlikely places in pursuit of a pared down existence, off-grid and out of the rat race" Last week was Ton...

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Why Have Channels 10 & 7 Banned This Ad?

Marriage Alliance angry after channels 'refuse to run ads against gay-marriage' Ms York said the Marriage Alliance wanted to find out what impacts legalising same sex marriage would have.“We so have to find out what ramifications there will be. What ...

• 95 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! 4 Day Music Challenge - Theme is FRIENDS

Four Day music challenge - this theme finishes at 8:00pm Sydney time Tuesday 11th August.Select a song from YouTube (or another video site) which relates to the chosen theme via the song's title and/or lyrics. Post the URL link to your chosen video u...

Recording a play

If I go to see a live play, at a theatre, and I film it (video it, record it, whatever the fashionable term is, nowdays), without the express consent of the Company of players, am I skating on the thin ice of violating copyright? Let alone being in s...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

$800 Cupcake Farewell

City balks at $800 cupcake bill for worker's farewell party Officials in Washington state want a former city employee to pay back nearly $800 in taxpayer money she spent on cupcakes for her own office farewell party. When former Yakima human resource...

Time to get ready for Gall Wasps.

If you have citrus trees now is the time to ready for Gall Wasps.They were limited to Qld and NSW however have now migrated down to Vic. Gall wasps will bury their eggs in new growths on virtually any citrus trees. Cut away any affected areas and pla...