dear child, thank you for the lovely vacation!

lalbo-81
Community Member

It would have been nice if you had actually sponsored my travel costs, though. Still, it was a very nice 3 day jaunt to the Everglades, and I'M BACK. The gators, the pythons, not even the palmetto bugs can keep me away from this lovely board where I have such nice friends. 

Now, has anyone here been to the Everglades? A fascinating place, even in late fall. Orchids grow from the trees, they're so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes to see them. And during rainy season, it smells nice there. But it's nice to be home with my bats, and back here with my friends. Old ladies, we endure, and we prevail, most of the time. I did. 

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: dear child, thank you for the lovely vacation!

Ooops

Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Welcome home Lal - sounds like a fabulous time was had. 

It was very nice, but I'm glad to be home again, pandemic-travelling is rather nervewracking.  

Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

Speaking of frogs (although it's a toad), Australia has a huge problem with cane toads now.

Right now though, thank you so much for a great discussion;  I have to go do some work .. but I'll certainly look forward to seeing more of your posts and joining in xx

Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

... and foxes and rabbits and European carp and feral horses and many other introduced species.

Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

@lalbo-81 wrote:

It would have been nice if you had actually sponsored my travel costs, though. Still, it was a very nice 3 day jaunt to the Everglades, and I'M BACK. The gators, the pythons, not even the palmetto bugs can keep me away from this lovely board where I have such nice friends. 

Now, has anyone here been to the Everglades? A fascinating place, even in late fall. Orchids grow from the trees, they're so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes to see them. And during rainy season, it smells nice there. But it's nice to be home with my bats, and back here with my friends. Old ladies, we endure, and we prevail, most of the time. I did. 

LOL!

Over here, we get to go to " e-Bali", Nana.

Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

LOL!. 

Nana? I'm Lal, dear, and I don't think I'm old enough to be your grandmother, if that's you in your avatar. No offense. 

What is "e-Bali"? By the way, I think I read that you've been to the USA, have you ever been to the Everglades? I expect to go back 'round about the inauguration. 

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

@lalbo-81 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

LOL!. 

Nana? I'm Lal, dear, and I don't think I'm old enough to be your grandmother, if that's you in your avatar. No offense. 

What is "e-Bali"? By the way, I think I read that you've been to the USA, have you ever been to the Everglades? I expect to go back 'round about the inauguration. 

Bali is an Indonesion island, popular with Australian tourists. Especially from the north and west of the country, where it is cheaper to fly to Bali than to the more heavily populated south-east.

Thus, eBali is virtual Bali - the place you go to when on virtual holiday.

Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

LOL!. 

Bali is an Indonesion island, popular with Australian tourists. Especially from the north and west of the country, where it is cheaper to fly to Bali than to the more heavily populated south-east.

I see. Like the Everglades, both a vacation and a" vacation", lol! Maybe I'll go to the real Bali someday, since I love the real Everglades. Woman Happy

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@lalbo-81 wrote:

LOL!. 

Nana? I'm Lal, dear, and I don't think I'm old enough to be your grandmother,

Of course not. It's just the condenscending way you come across. Like a "Nana". No offense.

if that's you in your avatar. No offense. 

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

E-bali and getting pampered by the 'towel boys'. lol.

Message 20 of 38
Latest reply