fan told to buy ticket for 4-month-old son

Ed Sheeran fan told to buy concert ticket for 4-month-old breastfeeding son

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/ed-sheeran-fan-must-buy-ticket-4-month-old-breastfeeding-son/9...

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I think she needs to give up her ticket to someone else.

This is not an environment for a baby.  

Even wearing heaphones it will be waaay too loud.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I suppose it makes a change from 'my four month old bought the item, cancel the sale' on ebay

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

for a change i didnt leave a comment lol

but i agree, why would you take a baby to a pop/rock concert?

maybe awiggles show but at 4 months....really?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Comparable to child abuse IMO

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

What are people thinking ! (Spoilt little so n so's)

I think it's time for the complainers to not receive service.

It makes it hard for the genuine complaints of improper service.

Reminded of this from the morning - https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/03/17/09/00/dad-toddler-kicked-off-flight

Two sides to a story but some common sense could have prevailed in this one.

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I recently attended a rock concert and sitting in front of me was a woman with a girl who looked about 3 - 4 years old. When the concert started the girl put her hands over her ears. The woman gave her a fair bit of attention but left after approx.15 minutes. The little girl looked distressed. It was probably wise because later in the concert there were a few very, very loud explosions on stage.

Such concerts these days are no place for babies or young children. We can make sense of the loud music etc., but to them it is just loud (and possibly scary) noise. While I can understand the temptation to attend what might be a once in a lifetime concert, forcing your young child to be with you is irresponsible IMO.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2024wrote:

I recently attended a rock concert and sitting in front of me was a woman with a girl who looked about 3 - 4 years old. When the concert started the girl put her hands over her ears. The woman gave her a fair bit of attention but left after approx.15 minutes. The little girl looked distressed. It was probably wise because later in the concert there were a few very, very loud explosions on stage.

Such concerts these days are no place for babies or young children. We can make sense of the loud music etc., but to them it is just loud (and possibly scary) noise. While I can understand the temptation to attend what might be a once in a lifetime concert, forcing your young child to be with you is irresponsible IMO.

It doesn't even need to be rock concerts with loud explosions to affect hearing.  Years ago I went to see my favourite band....at a theatre restaurant.  The concert was loud but nothing like at a large concert venue or outdoors. We had a great time but when we left the venue we couldn't hear a thing.  Thankfully it was only temporary but if it had affected a child....who knows.  The band wasn't heavy metal or anything like that...it was the 60s instrumental group The Shadows.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I can't even 

*shakes head

I think they might try to bite the stick anyway

Message 10 of 10