Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Anyone else in Vic copping this wind?

yes and it`s B......y hot too!!Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Cooling down here but the wind is horrible, hit 90m/h a short time ago, power keeps going on n off

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Hot wind gusting at 65km/h and temp is still 29

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Dropped to 21 here, wind is gusting at around 85 - 90m/h , going to be a quite few trees down, hope none come down on the highway   ..... had a cpl of sm blackouts, wont be surpised if they are more    ....... Noticed the lights are on up at the firestation, am guessing they have a crew standing by , in case they are needed.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

There's a string of fires across the south west of Victoria.  I lost count at about 23 but there were several more after that.  I'm 40 km from the nearest one but a friend emailed and said her son is only 10 kms from a couple of them and he's already left.  The sky is pretty red down south!

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Oh that doesnt sound good, I am in SW Vic as well    ....... havent heard the siren go off but there are lights on down at the fire station

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Have a look at the website. 

http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/?=&bbox=141.9927978515625%2C-38.62116234642252%2C144.75860595703...

There are fires from Colac right across to the SA border, but it's worst just south of Camperdown.  I don't think there's any grass left to burn in the rest of the state, hence the fires being only in the south.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I've keeping an eye on that site, not much grass left over my way, most of the paddocks are down to bare dirt  ....  Trees falling across the highway are a huge concern atm   ..... We really need rain and heaps of it

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

How is going over your way? Doesnt look good atm   .... Noticed Warrnambool has opened an evacuation centre  ..... Worrying time for quite a few folk  in the surrounding areas

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply