pesky neighbour

how to get rid of them without insulting them?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

pesky neighbour

Well Gill, if it was me, I would offer them something I had cooked. That has worked for a long time with rellies, I am the worlds worst cook, but sometimes it is a handy weapon.Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

How are they being pesky?

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

Start spraying room deodorant everytime they come over  🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OMG!   Do I live next to you?   Sorry

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

do what i do keep my front door shut

make them aware we all wear headphones and cant hear them if they knock on the door-so leave

wear ear phones as you walk around your property you cant hear them lol.

and race to get in your front door after putting the bins out or getting your mail

or have someone in your family call or text you if you are gone for more than 5 minutes

works for me.cause i dont want to be rude but after over an hour of them talking at me,im ready to kill LOL

tara

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

try 2 hours tara.....on the phone only tho.   bit difficult as this person lives alone and is lonely....and deserves to be...not a nice person at all...get phone calls sometimes 4 times a day, with repetitive stuff over and over.  I'm too soft.   But this one also has a vicious streak, so if I cut off, I'll prob. get reported tocouncil for all sorts of imaginary stuff.   short of leaving, selling up, can't work out what to do.  most times I can put up with it, but lately it's getting a bit heavy.

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

Don't answer the phone every time?

tell them you are too upset to talk............

Talk once a day................smile and grit your teeth.

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

I feel your pain - I once had a new best friend/stalker who almost turned me into a prisoner in my own home.

Do you have caller id so you could  screen the calls and maybe just answer 1 a day?

Just a suggestion, I know how hard it can be to risk hurting feelings - even without possible repurcussions.

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

pesky neighbour

Maybe you should cite telstra phone line problems for a week and see if that breaks the habit and then just saying your cordless is about to go flat.

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply