:) petrol $1.13

🙂 something to smile about 

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I read this in the news. In Canberra, Costco, has the cheapest petrol. They close at 10pm. Other petrol outlets (owned by Woolies, Coles etc) put their prices up when Costco closes at night, and puts them down again when Costco opens in the morning.

Good to see Costco providing competition for the big two supermarkets.

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Costco was always the price leader in Melbourne as well.

They import their own petrol supplies, or used to when the original owners owned it but I think they sold the business a few years ago.
Would have to check on that.

am

"Good to see Costco providing competition for the big two supermarkets."

I think you'll find that the supermarkets are generally the price leaders in most places so not sure why you think

they (the supermarkets) are the enemy.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I read this in the news. In Canberra, Costco, has the cheapest petrol. They close at 10pm. Other petrol outlets (owned by Woolies, Coles etc) put their prices up when Costco closes at night, and puts them down again when Costco opens in the morning.

Good to see Costco providing competition for the big two supermarkets.

Yeah, I think the Costco people amuse themselves when things get a bit slow by changing the petrol price then they take photos of the woolies people rushing to change their prices to match.

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

It's even funnier being in the service station while the checkout person is on the phone talking

about the price and then when they hang up, asking them what they were doing and being told

they were getting instructions as to where to put the price.

It just happened to be right after a price change at another servo which is directly opposite.

What was then ACTU petrol stations called when they ran them, anyone remember ?

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

I used to come in early to do the previous day's books at the station I ran.........one morning, the owner called in a price decrease, so I went out and started resetting the pumps.  This turkey in a T-bird pulled in, and, thinking I was raising prices, demanded that I fill his tank at the previous price, so I complied.  After signing his credit card slip, he asked me what the new price would be, and when I told him, he had a fit.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply