And be nice 

See how long that lasts

Can we keep politics and religion out 

Of the conversation 

Message 1 of 12,453
Latest reply
12,452 REPLIES 12,452

Re: the nothing ,anything ,everything thread

I suppose, in hindsight, I could have gone to a chemist and bought an eye patch, but I can imagine the awkward conversation - "Hello, can I help you?, Yes, I'd like to buy an eye patch for my teddy bear..."

gigglepuss.gif

You know what ecar?   You have to be the most refreshing and wittiest poster ever, you really do shine .. Heart

Message 1711 of 12,453
Latest reply

One afternoon during the Summer, a salmon pink galah visited.

A Salmon Pink Galah?!

Yes, and for the sake of comparison, there's an ordinary pink galah in the lower left corner of the picture.

I get some unusual birds, here, from time to time.

DSCF0487 70cr.jpg

There's a couple of pairs of galahs that are regular visitors - they don't wait quietly in the trees for me to put down some seed, then walk away, no, they sit on the fence and if I'm going too slow for their liking, I get told off, ha ha.

The salmon pink one is one of the birds who drop by because they're in the neighbourhood.

There are people, a few streets from here who feed the galahs, and they have a huge tree out the front of their house that fills with a huge, screeching pink horde in the mid afternoon. It's a good idea to slow down if you're driving past, the galahs are sometimes more concerned with finding a good perch than with paying attention to the passing traffic.

Message 1712 of 12,453
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

Well, hello djilukjilly,

Welcome back.

Where you been?

icy's post brought a smile

then

i chuckled Robot LOL

Signatures suck.
Message 1713 of 12,453
Latest reply

Hi Lloydslights. Been travelling overseas. 

Message 1714 of 12,453
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

Well its good to see some of my favourite people here again. That's the magic of ecar, he attracts only the very best.12717260_10209011366545152_5789860543010219410_n.jpg

Message 1715 of 12,453
Latest reply

Hello everyone,

This looks like an interesting thread.
Message 1716 of 12,453
Latest reply

Hello Lollieman. Smiley Happy

Message 1717 of 12,453
Latest reply

Remember the waddling cockatoos toy?

DSCF0132 sml.jpg

Well, it took me the best part of two years to finish it, but I finally made the waddling galahs toy.

DSCF0625 A.jpg

I suppose the next step would be to make a start on a waddling crimson rosella toy, or an Eastern rosella, or a King parrot, or...

The choices... the choices... I think it wouldn't be difficult to keep myself busy for a very long time making a series of waddling Australian parrot toys.

I think I'll say that I'll see how I go, at this point, rather than commit myself to anything, ha ha.

They did start off as an amusing project, a bit of decoration for the house. I don't want to go getting ahead of myself, or I'll have to find more shelf space.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1718 of 12,453
Latest reply

They're adorable. Saw two rainbow lorikeets having a bit of a snuggle on a powerline tonight.

Don't take my phone or I'd have a piccie.

Saw three Black Hawks (for news of a different bird) yesterday afternoon circling the bay, flying in formation, then one split and flew over the beach so I drew a star in the sand for them.

Today, one was back...so another star just for the fun of it. Looked like exercises (I hope)

When I looked up into the sky, both days, other people came along, stopped, and looked up too...then all their phones were out. It was pretty impressive to see the three performing ballet in the sky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1719 of 12,453
Latest reply

Welcome to you lollieman53_4

candy1.gif

Message 1720 of 12,453
Latest reply