Re: the nothing ,anything ,everything thread

Bet it was for one of these.

images (93).jpg

Message 4481 of 12,453
Latest reply

It was a little more like....

images.jpg

We'd never worked out how to attach wheels to things, and as for asking for help...?

That only leads to grown ups asking questions that we might not want to answer...

Or worse, offering to help... ha ha.

I learnt to be very self reliant, in some regards, early on...

Grown ups can be very useful, but they also have that annoying habit of interfering, or worse, saying No... ha ha.

In my later years, when we met as adults, Mother and Son, (not so much Mother and child, anymore), I told her about some of the things I'd got up to, when I was younger.

(I told her of some of my adventures when I was older, too, but that's another story... actually, probably running to a six volume set, ha ha).

She knew about some of my youthful adventures, but still managed to look genuinely surprised at some of the others...

Which was terribly flattering, as I'm fairly sure that she knew a lot more than she let on, after all, she's a Mother...ha ha.

This was about the most ambitious wheeled vehicle that I ever made...

cottonreel2c7.jpg

🙂

Message 4482 of 12,453
Latest reply

il_fullxfull.197988896.jpg

🙂

Message 4483 of 12,453
Latest reply

Reminds me of growing up with my young next door neighbour (now my plumber).

Quite a bit younger - he asked my dad for some nails (his own dad was useless) - given said nails he proceeded to turn over his new billycart & nail the wheel struts.

3 pounds (approx) of nails later - he turned it over - just broke us up when he showed us - he had turned it into a bed of nails.

Careful where you sit.

With a bit more help his cart came together - being very close the families had removed the dividing fence.

The first thing he did was run it through the side of our garage.

Had it been my brother or I - there would have been heck to pay - but this kid could get away with anything.

Message 4484 of 12,453
Latest reply

memory.jpg

🙂

Message 4485 of 12,453
Latest reply

Image result for favourite childhood memory meme
Message 4486 of 12,453
Latest reply

bats.gifbatwitch.gifbats.gif

Message 4487 of 12,453
Latest reply

wedgies.jpg

Message 4488 of 12,453
Latest reply

By some miracle of the universe, I managed to actually take a real picture with the far too complex camera late this afternoon and the cosmos smiled and there it was, it worked! ...   Smiley Tongue

Our Waratah tree is now our early 'Christmas' tree, who would have imagined it would do this after the cranky way it behaved since it was accidently planted some time ago! .... accidently, because someone left it on the doorstep as a gift and we have never found out who it was, so we planted it anyway, just in case ...  Smiley Very Happy

Waratah Tree 1.jpg

Meanwhile, next month, we're going to be having a sing-a-long, cook-a-long, eat-a-long, sew-a-long, quilt-a-long and finally a pre-Christmas-a-long all on the same day ... so the preparations begin this weekend and once again, there are not enough hours in the day, but at least all the work/serious stuff is over until next year. ....  Woman LOL

Big group hug to all here ....  Heart

Message 4489 of 12,453
Latest reply

That waratah's incredible, Tas... and well done on getting the photo, ha ha.

I recall back in the good old days cameras were simple things that anyone could use... ha ha.

IMG_6231.PNG

🙂

Message 4490 of 12,453
Latest reply