Relaxing moment for the weekend

Last Sunday, my mother had me take my little young brother to a trip to the country. She requested me take good care of him.

While we were walking along the road, the sun was shining brightly and the breeze was blowing gently. We saw the beautiful flowers smiling at us and heard the birds singing their sweet songs on the trees. The scenery was indeed very pretty.

When we felt tired, we returned home. We saw our mother waiting for us at the door. After pushing the door in, we found a Starry Light Lamp. It creates a dreamy starry sky, and romantic environment and full-immersion atmospheres in the dark occasion for us. With the sound of soothing music, we fell asleep quickly.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

It is Starry Night by Van Gogh - probably his most famous painting...

They also made a song called "Starry Night" dedicated to Vincent (not too long ago - well, quite a few years ago, but not when Vincent lived):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

LOL  Nics - it's for sale - want it. ??????

It's worth $111 million dollars, but apparently some billionaires would pay over 1 billion for it.

And poor Vincent went hungry when he lived because he was so poor. 😞

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Van Gogh was never famous as a painter during his lifetime and constantly struggled with poverty. He sold only one painting while he was alive: The Red Vineyard which went for 400 francs in Belgium seven months before his death. His most expensive painting Portrait of Dr. Gachet was sold for $148.6 million in 1990.

That's about $78US at the time.

Sheesh.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

ewja-50
Community Member

Nics, I've got a Starry Night NFT and am happy to part with it for 400 francs too! I lose myself in it every time I dream of it - How vast the universe truly is!

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

LOL - that was 400 Francs in 1890.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Mozart also died really poor. It is even believed (although some think it might be legend) that he was buried in a mass grave for the poor. At any rate his wife had to struggle to pay off his debts and than to pay for the funeral.

According to the Vienna Cemetery and the website about Vienna run by the Government, he was indeed buried in a pauper's grave: 

https://www.wien.gv.at/english/environment/parks/sankt-marx.html#:~:text=Wolfgang%20Amadeus%20Mozart....

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

A beautiful song sung by Don Mclean. Vincent

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

I think my relaxing moment for today is when my footy team finishes playing either a win or loss. A  bit weird I know!!😉

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

all I can say is wow and thanks for posting PL

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply