I need to change my email address

muzzt53
Community Member

I have changed my email address. could you please rectify this for me, thanking you sincerely for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

These are public boards. You are not contacting eBay by posting here.

Do not give out personal information on a public board.

No, we (fellow eBayers) cannot change your email address. Presumably you mean that you want your email address changed in your eBay account. eBay staff don’t do that either.

You must change any account details yourself.

We can tell you how to do this but we can’t access your account to do it for you.

This eBay help page gives a brief précis of how to update your account information.

Quoting: 

❝If you need to change any of your details, such as your name, phone number, date of birth, address or email address, you can do it in My eBay. Here's how:

1. Go to the Account section of My eBay.
  2. Select Personal information.
  3. Find the section you need to update, and select Edit.
  4. Enter your new details.
  5. Depending on what you're updating, you'll be prompted to Save, Submit or Confirm.❞

(The links open in a new window or tab, so make sure you haven’t disabled pop-ups on this page.)

I won't repeat what they others have already said, but you can't change your email address to something resembling your username. For example, if your username is butterfly123, you can't have an email address like butterfly123 @ your email provider dot com.

I will repeat what the others have said though, best to find a new email address that hasn't been put on a public forum for scammers to grab.