Car Buyer scam

curreeki
Community Member
Has anyone had offers to purchase your car from anybody from Malaysia stating they have looked everywhere for this type of car and want to purchase and ship to their country as they have just moved there from Australia they request your paypal address so they can deposit full amount to the account then they will arrange for someone to collect the vehicle and ship it to Malaysia... have had two very similar requests from two different women.
Sounds like a scam to me ???
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Car Buyer scam

Scam,it's the same as the Fake shipping agent scam:

My guide shows you how to deal with it,(just scroll down to where it says Fake shipping agent scam):

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Nigeria-is-a-scam-Fake-shipping-agent-Contact-Live-Help-/1000000001695207...

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Same person, same worded email today 19/08/2015 from "supposedly" Benjamin W Wilson at WeeWaa.

i said back last email, so you want me to send money to someone in China for you to buy a car here?

totally ignored that and basically repeated last load of BS. I see there is a phone number to report, but too late tonight.

Tropicalchop

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

Had the EXACT same email from this Benjamin W Wilson only his email address is bengoody1@live.com.au in relation to a camping trailer. There's also a warning on gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kungala/cars-vans-utes/scammer-2015-other/1079149803

The email I got:

"Thanks for the swift response...I am OK with the asking price.due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.You can now send me your PayPal email or you can receive a direct deposit into your bank account from paypal by giving me your account number and your bsb number  and the bank name and specify if it is checkings or savings account and paypal will credit your account immediately.so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up.all i really need from you is the exact details.Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad for me to make the payment only to be informed of the its sale.
Thanks."
Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

Wait, there's more...

From an Anita Wilson with this email address - anitawilson611@hotmail.com

The email:

"Thanks for your Quick response.I'm cool with the price and  condition as stated on the advert.Would have loved to come for inspection but am presently at work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project.You might be worried not calling,for now We do not have access to phone at the moment ,that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account.Please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,or you can alternatively send your bsb acct name and number if you have no PayPal acct can transfer fund to it as well from my paypal account.I have also contacted a courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.
Await your reply
Thanks"

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

I got the same message from anitawilson611@hotmail.com when trying to sell my trailer. It is an obvious scam, but you waste a lot of time and alienate real buyers befor you get to that point! 

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

geen710
Community Member
Just got same message from jessicapayne1@zoho.com AND bengoody1@live.com.au
BEWARE!!!!!
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

bengoody1@hotmail.com    sent me scam text through ebay ..when I checked the number it was 3229 ... how do they do that.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply