Crazy motorcycle prices!

I am always browsing for motorcycles, especially 80's motocross and road, but what is with the crazy prices some people are asking? And some fools are paying too. The market is out of control, and the only way to bring it back down to earth, is not to pay these ridiculous prices people are asking. Come on sellers, get real, I mean 10 grand for a CR 500? Also RG500 and RZ500, seem ridiculous, in fact anything two stroke, some people are asking stupid prices for **bleep** box bikes. Do not bid, and do not buy, make these sellers realise they are are joke, and are ripping us off! There are some bikes I really want, but I won't mortgage my house to get one!
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Crazy motorcycle prices!

@herbsuesskow wrote:
I am always browsing for motorcycles, especially 80's motocross and road, but what is with the crazy prices some people are asking? And some fools are paying too. The market is out of control, and the only way to bring it back down to earth, is not to pay these ridiculous prices people are asking. Come on sellers, get real, I mean 10 grand for a CR 500? Also RG500 and RZ500, seem ridiculous, in fact anything two stroke, some people are asking stupid prices for **bleep** box bikes. Do not bid, and do not buy, make these sellers realise they are are joke, and are ripping us off! There are some bikes I really want, but I won't mortgage my house to get one!

With all due respect herbsue, if people didn't want to buy these motorbikes, they wouldn't be bidding. What some folk buy and want, differs from what others want & buy. No one has a gun at their head forcing them to buy. It is funny though, how things go. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Crazy motorcycle prices!

@herbsuesskow wrote:

Sorry mate, but something is worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. The fact, is they dont make them anymore. Lots of people want them and less and less of them are for sale all of the time. Just look at VW Kombis. Prices are crazy but they just keep going up to the stratosphere. 

I sell rare parts for vintage cars & bikes. I charge heaps for them and they sit for awhile with quite a few watchers. Every week I get a message from some poor suasage after the item sells saying " have you still got that .....part, I,ve been watching it for awhile and really want it. Sorry sunshine, but some-one else wants it more and is willing to pay the going market price for it right now.

Its just life I,m afraid. If you dont want to pay the current market price, there is plenty of others who are happy too.

I hear Postie bikes are still going cheap though......Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Crazy motorcycle prices!

tldv8
Community Member

Don't forget back when a Norton Commando cost $2200 ? a modest but nice three bedroom house built from hard wood and iron roof cost around $17000.

Commando's sell for $10000 to $19000, the same house ?

To some degree the Commando is cheaper now than back then although interest rates were wayyyyy higher.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Crazy motorcycle prices!

The fact that they're still for sale says a lot about their prices...

I mean look at Harley Davidson's, my dream bikes. They're always around but at ridiculous prices just because they're Harley's.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply