Ripped Off

bar.ke8
Community Member

How is it that a company is still allowed to be on E Bay?

6 months ago they took my money and didn't supply my parts. EBay USA is fully aware of this yet they are still on EBay USA

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ripped Off

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you open a dispute when the goods did not arrive within the allowable time?

Just complaining to ebay is not the way to get your money back and one missing package is certainly not going to get a seller thrown off ebay.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ripped Off

The problem is that the seller assured me that's they had sent the parts on two separate occasions. Once when I kept pestering them and once after launching a case after E Bay contacted them.

E Bay gave me contact information and the phone is always powered off.

I have exhausted all avenues with E Bay and now when I message the seller all I get is out of office replays.

I took the trouble to phone EBay USA 4 times and they assured me that they had contacted the seller.

The seller advised me that they had shipped the parts on the 1st May , but still no parts.

It seems to me that the seller is so big that I am a casualty of this.

All in all I am very disappointed with the whole futile exercise and before anyone asks, yes I was offered a refund and advised that all I wanted was what I had paid for.

the intervention by E Bay led to the seller saying that they shipped the items again on the 1st of May.

What infuriates me the most is the tactics employed by the seller and the ineffectuality of E Bay to rectify the fact that I don't have what I want and paid for in good faith.

Can you feel my frustration after ordering and paying for my parts on the 25th January this year only to be given the runaround by all concerned.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ripped Off

All I see is a buyer who does not understand how ebay works.

Sorry, but you need to read the rules and follow  them if you want to trade safely on ebay.

If you bought the item at the end of January you should have been looking at opening a dispute by early March if the seller could not prove they had shipped the item.

And never refuse a refund when it is offered when there are already problems with the transaction.

If you paid with paypal and funded the payent with a credit or Visa debit card you could contact your bank about a chargeback.   There are time limits for that also, it depends on the bank concerned.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ripped Off

I fully understand Hhow E Bay works.

I did open a case and it was on their advice that the parts had been shipped that I kept waiting.

I think it is disgusting that after the vendor has lied to E Bay and myself that nothing can be done.

The vendoe obviously knopws how to manipulate the system , and E Bay just don't see to care.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ripped Off

OK, so you opened a dispute.

If the seller did not send you the tracking number so you could see that it had been sent then you should have escalated to a claim and received a refund.

Never allow a seller to string you along until time has expired for any redress.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply