Replacing side mirror

It's on the passenger side and broken at the neck, stuck with tape at the moment which keeps unsticking despite I'm using Gorilla Tape.  . .  I drive a Toyota Echo 2005 but am wondering if I have to replace this unit with

my model one,   or can I get a used from a wrecker's or somewhere of a different car (*thus cheaper). 

The glass is okk but I also want the convex replaced with flat, so probably considering a new (used) unit. 

Anyt tips welcome as i know nothing about these things and couldn't do it myself unfortunately. 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Replacing side mirror

Update ...

the new mirror arrived from ebay and perfect except he still sent convex, he doesn't seem to get the concept of Flat vs

Convex as to him technically the convex is  flat to the touch ......, but the view is distorted.  He is a top seller as he offered to refund me and pay return postage,  but  I decided to go with it and either stay with the convex or buy some of that stick on mirror stuff that Viewmont suggested.

A very kind neighbour with tools installed it for me and it wasn't straight going as the stupid inside door had to come out

as one of the screws was covered by it. Also all the screws were hard to remove, so tight.  Anyway all is good, I'm happy to say.  Toyota the mongrels quoted $550,  and this unit cost $65, plus of course a ,few bottles of nice red for my neighbour. but I've come off well.

Drama over......   thank you again all of you  for your help

key,heart,valentine,love,password

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Replacing side mirror

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Kate. Pity your seller sent the "wrong" mirror but even if you end up buying a self-adhesive flat mirror, you'll still have saved a fortune compared with Toyota's usurous prices.
Message 22 of 22
Latest reply