Rusty iron rally 2013

This year the rally featured a Stanley steamer and a 1968 built rail car billed as Australia's first Cackle car running 90% nitro and producing between 2000 and 2500 hp. I took a start up video.... I was about 5 feet away from the pipes... the sound wave was physically shaking my chest and rumbling the ground..... talk about cackle.... Banshee alert

Image0964.jpg

392 Chrysler Hemi

Image0965.jpg

I know Morrie Carlton quite well. a very quiet and unassuming guy he fixes stereos ....... I couldn't believe that he piloted this car in the 70's

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0942.jpgreflection off the window... however the gearstick is off a roadranger splitter box... god only knows what powers this thing... he would not let me look... bloody big radiator in it

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 11 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0940.jpgImage0943.jpg

Message 12 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0923.jpgThe emphasis was on two stroke tractors like the Lanz bulldogs and MarshallsImage0924.jpg

Message 13 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0925.jpgImage0926.jpg

Message 14 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0928.jpgI took a video of these two Lanz''s stopping. The front wheels pretty well bounce off the ground... Way back when... Your stomach needed a pretty good hold on lunch to drive these in the afternoon..Image0962.jpg

Message 15 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0958.jpgIHe owns a Porsche???Image0959.jpgAir cooled.. No radiator

Message 16 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

^^^^^^^^^  Who said you do not see any Porsches on ebay???

Image0963.jpgImage0944.jpg

Message 17 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0945.jpgImage0946.jpg

Message 18 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

As car enthusiats .....We get a little spoilt in September in the Nambucca Valley Last weekend the rusty iron rally was in town  This

weekend the Buick Club makes it's debut appearance in the valley

http://www.nambuccaguardian.com.au/story/1753569/a-sea-of-chrome-and-delta-fins-as-buicks-roll-into-...

On Monday....woooohoooo the WRC circus starts.

Our property is on the corner of Saturdays Valla Road /Newee creek road section.

DSCF3118.JPG

Message 19 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

This is Petter Solbergs car just before he hit the bridge and so kindly left me his stonetraywrc pics 002.JPG

DSCF0421.JPGalthough it is a little hard to picture he was a mile offline here and we all scattered for cover.... :"eurofan' style... only got pictures of dust, grass and um brown matter... as he hit the bridge ballast board

Message 20 of 74
Latest reply