The EH unbuild rebuild thread.. out with the v6 and in with the trick 202 and celica box

So.. I have been helping a friend with his written of v6 EH. We are getting to the business end of the build so I thought I would put up some pics  The EH premier stationwagon...went like a demon but stopped like a fixed wheel pushbike Smiley Indifferent and he flipped it on a notorious Viewmont corner . (that those WRC cars will be hurling around again at 200ks plus in 8 weeks incidentally) with a full load of grog and 20 litre drums of old fish and chip oil that was destined for Viewys and frogs hollow "great bio fuel caper"

..... Guess what 1960s rubber.headlining,trim etc and modern vegetable oil do not mix...surprisingl

... He let the registration lapse so that a new Auvis inspection and reengineering was required.

He was originally going to replace the cactus subframe with another cut subframe, reinstall the v6 with a body stiffening kit. We also needed to change the front discs to ventilated ones (HQ or LH) to meet the new AUVIS regs which also required caliper change.....think lots of dollars... even before the engineer had his crack.......

So at his request  I notched the subframe for the v6 sump then reinforced it jigged and fitted the steering rack brackets for an LH rack, cut off the HR mounts and fitted plates to take the v6 mounts ..... about 12 months ago....... No work since....

He has decided now to go with a livened up black 202 and celica 5 speed ( which hopefully will usurp the engineers reprt requirement....... which means I need to fill the notch and remove the LH brackets and v6 mounting backets. Presently the cab is completely stripped and on a rolling trolley as we get it ready for paint

some pics of the EH sans subframe and front end with the buick v6 still insitu  Image0691.jpgImage0692.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

The EH unbuild rebuild thread.. out with the v6 and in with the trick 202 and celica box

all the fixed glass (windscreen.side rear windows tailgate window) are in

Image1220.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 51 of 70
Latest reply

Ran twin header pipes back into a collector and then 3 inch to the back

Image1222.jpg

Message 52 of 70
Latest reply

paint is still getting a touch up....the dog needs one too....extremely misbehaving little sucker

Image1223.jpg

Message 53 of 70
Latest reply

Hmmmmm, now that goes there and this belongs to that...and those things there.... over the shoulder with those suckers...

still a fair bit of work in the head scratching heap !!!

Image1225.jpg

Message 54 of 70
Latest reply

A/C condesnor and radiator... engine is running at about 93 degrees.... would prefer it a little cooler... may have to use a helper pusher elecktrickety fan on the front... have bugger all room and still have not fitted the ardiator cross support bars....where there's a will theres a won't

Image1228.jpg

Message 55 of 70
Latest reply

Wheel alignments done, used minimal shims. Picked up some new front tyres.... Cant get the Bridgestone Eagers sf340's that are on the rear rims anymore... Had to submit to putting "Falken" tyres onto a Holden 'Sacre Bleu"

Image1229.jpg

Message 56 of 70
Latest reply

Image1230.jpg

Message 57 of 70
Latest reply

developed a misfire during running in the coil nearly melted....literally..... so have moved to a performance coil.

The old GMH EH plate is also pictured

Image1234.jpg

Image1233.jpg

Message 58 of 70
Latest reply

the test pilots seat is fitted as is the obligatory number 8 pool ball.... also pictured is the new velour roof lining after fitment

Image1236.jpg

Image1237.jpg

Message 59 of 70
Latest reply

The blue slipper is happy with the engineering changes.... so hopefully definitely by the end of this month the "Red

Rocket' will be back on the road and off for it's maiden voyage down to Melbourne

Message 60 of 70
Latest reply