is this fake?

2009mell
Community Member
hi people, have been in contact with a seller for car found on the trading post site. Deal is good, but is it too good? Apparently the owner just moved to uk after divorce. Car is meant to be at transport company in Aust, revs check confirmed what it is and where its registered.
My problem is, the owners email tells me that she has a contract with ebay to sell the car through them... then says...
deal will go like this (remember Ive never used ebay for more than small stuff).
1, i give her my details and shipping address
2, she informs ebay and ebay sends me an invoice for amount payable
3, i pay ebay and the car is "shipped" to me at no cost to me
4, i have 5 days to have the car inspected and decide whether i want it.
5, if i want it ebay pays her, if i dont, she sends for the car, ebay refunds my money and thats the end of that......

Is this a SCAM? Or is this a legitimate way for difficult situation sales to be managed by ebay????
Please Help, still waiting for ebay support to get back to me..
Message 1 of 117
Latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: is this fake?

Me Too . . . !

Good Morning,

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the caravan was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($6,000) because I want to sell it before January 15th ideally.
I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.

Now, a few words about this 2010 Roadstar Daintree 21ft long , 20ft living space. Comes with 12 months reg and can be transferred upon sale. In perfect working condition - like new! Island queen bed, roof mount aircon / heater, Dometic awning ( like new ), Decent size couch area ( converts to bed), Microwave ,Stove/ grill 3 gas , 1 12v,240v burner , 250w solar panel,Victron Solar controller - All utensils included - Plates and cups included
Owned by a non-smoking family with no pets, the interior is always clean and tidy.
If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title.

Tare- 2020
Atm 22420
Gtm- 2160

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello again, as I've told you in my first e-mail, I'm in the Air Force with my medical team and right now I am on a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country.

Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay. I chose to hire them to take care of the whole selling process as I cannot leave the military base in the context of the Coronavirus Covid-19. The delivery process will be managed by me.
I think I can have it there at your home address within 1-2 working days. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the caravan, prior to making any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money.
Only when you give the confirmation to eBay that you are satisfied by the caravan and wanna keep it, they will release the funds to me, otherwise, they will refund you the full amount of money without any question, and you can ship the caravan back on my expense.I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Warmest regards,

Royal Australian Air Force Tanya Clifton
Message 101 of 117
Latest reply

Ok i just seen one on Fbook last night and emailed them but it is the same story for a caravan
Message 102 of 117
Latest reply

Morning,
Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the caravan was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($7,800) because I want to sell it before January 20th ideally. I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.
Now, a few words about this 2011 Jayco Sterling, Tare 2401 kg, ATM 3500 kg, Tare Ball Weight Mass 240Kg, 2 berth. It will come with Roadworthy Certificate and Rego paid until March 2021. In perfect working condition, with nothing mechanically wrong - like new!
This caravan has a clear ppsr showing no accident history, no stolen history & no money owing on the vehicle.
Owned by non-smoking family with no pets, interior always clean and tidy.
If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title.

Warmest regards,
Tanya Clifton

Sent from my iPad
Message 103 of 117
Latest reply

Hello again,
I'm in the Air Force with my medical team and right now I am on a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country.
Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay I chose to hire them to take care of the whole selling process as I cannot leave the military base. The delivery process will be managed by me.
I think I can have it there at your home address within 1-2 working days.You will have 5 days to test and inspect the caravan, prior to making any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money.
Only when you give the confirmation to eBay that you are satisfied by the caravan and wanna keep it, they will release the funds to me, otherwise, they will refund you the full amount of money without any question, and you can ship the caravan back on my expense. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

The caravan has 23ft

Warmest regards,
Tanya Clifton

Sent from my iPad
Message 104 of 117
Latest reply

So buy the looks of it mine is a scam as well?
Message 105 of 117
Latest reply

Of course it is a scam.

Message 106 of 117
Latest reply

Looks like she is doing the rounds. I just recieved the same email

Message 107 of 117
Latest reply

I just enquired about a 2013 white RAV4 that’s in Darwin. I’m to scared to go ahead with this purchase.
Message 108 of 117
Latest reply

klm_28
Community Member

SCAM ALERT!

Her response to my inquiry email is the same story as other scams on here. This is the email I recieved about a TOYOTA C-HR KOBA 2019

Good morning,

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the 2019  TOYOTA C-HR KOBA  was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($8,500) because I want to sell it before February 21st ideally.
I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead.

Now, a few words about this 2019 TOYOTA C-HR KOBA. It will come with Roadworthy Certificate and Rego so you don't have to do the running around Registration in NSW, paid until 9 June 2021. In perfect working condition, with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! This 2019 TOYOTA C-HR KOBA has 84.700 km on the clock.  
This 2019 TOYOTA C-HR KOBA has a clear ppsr showing no accident history, no stolen history & no money owing on the vehicle. Transmission type: Automatic.
Owned by non-smoking family with no pets, interior always clean and tidy.

Royal Australian Air Force Myra Yermakova   

Message 109 of 117
Latest reply

63buyer
Community Member
The latest is the excuse that the seller is in the forces based in Devonport Tasmania. They are being sent to New Zealand for 3 years. The ADF will transport the car. Unconscionable conduct from scum looking to rip off 8 K from gullible people. If it looks too good to be true, it is.
Message 110 of 117
Latest reply