When did Ebay get so **bleep**?

harmur5131
Community Member

Don't think I've used eBay since before the 40 year old Virgin came out and can't believe how **bleep** it is.

Uploaded my first product today and sold it a couple of hours later. Awesome, except it is impossible to see what product you actually sold on the site (genuinely 100% impossible).

Like it just says I sold one item, shows the balance (which I can't access for more than 2 weeks) but there's no page to click on to see what the item actually is.

I'm sure you don't believe me because this is such a stupid design but, as someone who is for from tech illiterate, I have clicked on every possible page in my eBay (where Google says you can see what you sold) and there is 0 pages telling you what item you sold, lol. 0.

I can't imagine having an actual store with multiple products and just having to guess which one you sold cause, for no reason at all, it's impossible to see what the item is on the site you sold it on. Wtaf? 

So, not only do I have to wait 2 weeks after the customer receives the item to get paid, I have to spend 12 hours waiting at home for eBay's delivery people to come pick up the order (need their label). Why even limit it to a 12 hr windows? Just make it a week cause both are so inefficient as to be useless.

Truly an awful site and I'm 99.9% certain I'm just going to sell the product elsewhere but, even with the delay, will still end up getting paid sooner than I would here, lol.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: When did Ebay get so **bleep**?

@harmur5131 wrote:

So, not only do I have to wait 2 weeks after the customer receives the item to get paid, I have to spend 12 hours waiting at home for eBay's delivery people to come pick up the order (need their label). Why even limit it to a 12 hr windows? Just make it a week cause both are so inefficient as to be useless.

Ebay don't have delivery people,  you selected Australia Post as your delivery people.  There is a Post office just down the road from you,  hand write the address on the parcel, and buy the appropriate postage from them.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Sugar, I suspect the OP's going to use Sendle instead of AP - that's likely to pee the buyer off when they find out that the cheapest couriers are going to be used (probably Aramex or Couriers Please).

They'll be lucky if they don't earn themselves a well-earned neg over it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Sugar, I suspect the OP's going to use Sendle instead of AP - that's likely to pee the buyer off when they find out that the cheapest couriers are going to be used (probably Aramex or Couriers Please).

They'll be lucky if they don't earn themselves a well-earned neg over it.

I suspected the same,  but if they promise one thing, and use something else,  than it is on them, and not Ebay

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

5 bucks worth of postage for a $200 pen. ??

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

OP, your posts show that you really aren’t ready to sell on eBay. The basics of selling on this platform are things you really should know before you list.

If you’re interested and would like me to post links to the Help pages that I think you should read to prepare yourself, I will do so.

eBay works best from a computer.

Yes, there are some annoying things about selling on eBay, but if you can navigate yourself around it all, and if you’re aiming to sell regularly, it is a platform worth mastering.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Ask the OP,  I would be charging the full $10 plus dollars to include tracking as a minimum, even consider signature, but I'm risk adverse,  and have being chastised by others on here for insisting on tracking for even a $10 item.    Again the OPS decision,  

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

You seriously need to work out how to post quotes.

Your one day of experience needs to be augmented by reading the FAQs about how eBay works.

Which seems to be an issue, given the rest of us have no problem seeing what we have sold on eBay.

Hint - Seller Hub>Orders

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Well it seems everyone can see what you sold, except you,  and we dont even have access to your orders tab.   I wonder why that is.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Ask the OP,  I would be charging the full $10 plus dollars to include tracking as a minimum, even consider signature, but I'm risk adverse,  and have being chastised by others on here for insisting on tracking for even a $10 item.    Again the OPS decision,  

I wasn't actually asking you - I simply hit the reply button on the latest post.

The postage should have been = $10.60 for a parcel + $2.50 for extra Insurance + $2.95 for Sig on delivery + fees.

The pen is boxed and should be boxed further to send.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply