email

Hi everyone,  I hope this is relevant, I have been receiving emails over the last few days re tracking a parcel #CS279003594DE. this email is said to be from ebay@replyebay.com.au. but it went on to say that i have not paid for the freight so the parcel can not be delivered until i paid the amount requested. Is thia a genuine request or a scam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (44)

Answers (44)

I also got "Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE.  Please resolve the issue here: http://7ai.link/ml4kM"

obviously fake as tracking number the same as other people.

if you get this, delete it. Dont investigate, dont click anything.

Legit ones would contain your full name, or at least the item number.  

DONT investigate, dont click anything.!  

I got this in a text....from this number... +61 480 298 617

Dear Georgie, Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here: http://g4s7.com/mYkK5

Fake!! Scamming pricks!

I got the EXACT same message, same tracking number. Australia.

OMG, exactly same number I received in text message.

Dear xxx, Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here: http://2w7p.com/EWBSV

I have many online orders during this lockdown, I could have clicked on it, thanks to a hunch! And thanks to this thread.
I received a text too, but thanks to all the posts I know it is a scam.

Dear xxx, Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here: http://ru3l.com/fG6Yg

Fake as I got the same trackingb number and email.

I hope those **bleep**s gets busted soon as I've had enough shot from those for more than a year and cannot delete nor to block!!!

To any posters still here - 

Even though this is an old thread where the scam used freight companies - 

BEWARE of a new scam referred to as smishing.

SMS version of phishing.

Texts are sent to update some details.

DON'T respond, DON'T click on links.

If in doubt, log into the site yourself and check be it your bank, eBay, PayPal, utilities company etc.

I got the EACT same message, Australia. When in doubt, delete.

doglo37
Community Member
Just to bring light to this in case people are googling; my family has been receiving text messages from different numbers saying

Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here:

My grandma replied to the number saying "Idiots, Ur is spelt Your"

Now today I've received a text saying

Your delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here:

Please don't fall for this scam, it's obviously a trick to get personal information. It's emails or texts!

Wow. That could very well be a scammer working for that freight company. I would report it by contacting the freight company, but as already mentioned, don't follow any links from the email. Any genuine Ebay messages will come to your Ebay inbox here on site

Sounds like a scam to me

I have gotten many similar emails but from various different, obviously fake eBay 'email addresses'

Is it in your actual eBay messages?

The fact there is another . after the au is rather suss 

Whatever you do, do not click on any links in that email 

There is all so a scam with the australia post heading with same thing to pay a small fee to receive parcel. That's just to get your bank details. If in doubt go to post office with email. It's abit hard with online ordering now to remember tracking and order numbers so Wright them down when confirmed ordering. Stay safe☹️

linbar0
Community Member

I get the same it's a scam

Just got the same text with the same tracking number and a link. from +61481105020

Obviously a scam. dont click

Hi Everyone,

Seems like this scam is going around again AND I am not expectating any items from ebay. Same message with my husband name from the same number.

" Dear (Name ). Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here: http://9eo.link/XCiQS

Scammer are the most feral new age criminal these days!

I got this message :

Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE. Please resolve the issue here: http://lq9w.com/XeFxJ

I was suspicious so googled the #CS number. Glad I did!

Had text message from 0411916393 quoting same tracking number. #CS279003594DE asking for $2.68 unpaid transit fee. Got suspicious when about to enter credit card details and googled the tracking number. Thanks all who have alerted on here!

Oops, I accidentally clicked the link but left as soon as I entered the page. I wonder how much damage that has done.

definitely a scam! I got a text message with the exact same tracking code, which is not possible because every package has a different tracking code EVERY TIME. Just delete the messages and DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS. report it to ebay as well

@plabour555 wrote:

Hi everyone,  I hope this is relevant, I have been receiving emails over the last few days re tracking a parcel #CS279003594DE. this email is said to be from ebay@replyebay.com.au. but it went on to say that i have not paid for the freight so the parcel can not be delivered until i paid the amount requested. Is thia a genuine request or a scam.

Yes I’ve had the same message via text with same tracking number telling me to pay $2.48, but I didn’t want to give my card number.
I googled the tracking number and it came up with this thread, so thanks for asking here!
It all just looked too dodgy to me. I didn’t care about the amount, I just didn’t want to enter card details.
I’m glad I didn’t.
byronnatives
Community Member

Working Australia aswell , got the message today , same reference numbers, Hope they catch the losers and de knacker them.

aliosul-42
Community Member

I'm glad I came here to check. I had my suspicion regarding this text when they used Ur instead of Your. It looks like it's doing the rounds again.

I got a text today 19/11/2020 

Dear (My name), Ur delivery has been stopped at our depot today. #CS279003594DE.

please resolve the issue here  http://jz3i.-com/fARLp

looks like this is a scam as I am not expecting any parcels.

I got this today too. Thought it looked suss so didn't click on anything. 

Me too, I got the exact same text today.  

If you type that tracking number into google (and also google images) it straightaway shows up as scam, with posts from Aus Post saying that it's a scam.
Do not click on links and delete it.

Yep! Scam! Got the same number and message by sms. Then it asks for your details and credit card number to pay $2.68 for it to be delivered/shipped.

tredav-37
Community Member
Yep been getting them for awhile now just got a Australia post one which i have been waiting for, then this DHL maggot Nigerian f## ks ,constantly bombarded with this sh#t **bleep**ers
i just got this as well, but over text not email