seller postage quote is to cover ebay seller fees and packaging my purchases from me?

Can a seller charge excess postage to justify time taken to pack my goods ( not fragile as such) and to help cover ebay fees I have never come across it until now and I don’t think that is fair at all 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

eBay is not going to pull anybody into line. They haven't breached any rules. The price is the price. Don't like it don't buy. I have spent hours digging, packing and posting 4 items. Do you not think I should be compensated? Rhetorical. I realise you don't think a seller's time is worth anything, so you need to move on. Not to me, thankfully.

Technically postage charges are "postage and handling" which can include the cost of postage, packaging, time spent putting the item in the packaging, time spent in line at the post office and yes, eBay's fees on postage.

A seller can charge whatever they want and if people think the price is too high, they will buy elsewhere ( unless the seller is the only one with that product) or do without.

Don't like the charges, don't buy from them

Easy

YES.......................

Have you ever bought something with “free” postage?

If so, did you hurry to pay the seller the amount it cost him to post your item to you? Of course not… 

The seller can set the postage as they wish. Including handling charges (which may be anything related to the postage component that isn’t the face value of postage) is completely legitimate. If sellers didn’t cover the costs of selling, they wouldn’t sell.

If you don’t want to pay the amount charged, that doesn’t mean the postage is excessive. Buy or don’t buy … That is your choice.

Disclaimer: I’m a buyer only.

Don't buy the item.

Find another seller.