Don't agree with buyer wanting a refund

HELP !!!  I sell personalised kid's placemats and in my ad. description, describe them as they are ... double laminated etc. I've sold heaps of these and not ONE complaint, always good, happy feedback. Now a buyer wants a refund for (3) she bought, saying (quote) "only a laminated bit of paper". These are not, I use good quality photo paper and as I said, they are double laminated with coloured rubber corners on the back to prevent slipping. Either I fully refund her, or request a return (where I have to pay the return postage...doesn't seem fair at all). Apart from that, I sent (9) FREE sticker sheets for the kids, which is nothing, but it's mainly the principle of it all. What does everyone suggest I do ??? ... (thanks in advance).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I have looked at your placemats & find them clearly defined....if she opens a case for NAD, I think she would lose......some buyers are NEVER happy....get used to it!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi,

I have been an eBay Seller for the past 12 years. I have remained on - Power Seller 100% until late November 2021 last year. Today I'm a Power Seller on 99%. Every year eBay is favoring the Buyer & forgetting how important the Seller really is. Both Seller & Buyer need to be treated fair. Without one the other cannot operate. If a Buyer isn't happy, the Buyer needs to pay for the RETURN Postage. The Seller provides several photos with a well detailed description of their items up for sale.

Defiantly Do NOT Refund the Buyer her money.

Some Buyers just want everything and more their own way, until YOU the Seller is out of pocket.

Stay Safe, kind regards Tania.

"Sorry you are unhappy with your item. Please return for refund"... rinse & repeat if necessary.

I have a similar situation where customer didn't read the ad.

My understanding from going through Ebay advice is that seller can "report" the buyer. The benefit of this apparently is to have $9 credited to your account for the return postage (yes, only $9). The only truly beneficial component I see to reporting is that if they leave negative feedback, Ebay system will automatically remove it.

I'm still navigating through this particular dilemma myself so if anyone else has some experience with reporting, please share 🙂