Is there a time limit on giving a refund?

Today (21/11/23) I received a message from a buyer wanting a refund on an item not received that was paid for in January 2022.  Is there a time limit between the purchase and a claim for item not received?  Do I  have to issue a refund?  

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

You have no obligation to refund them, either legally or morally.

They are way out of time to take any action through eBay or any financial institution. eBay is 30 days after last estimated delivery date; financial institutions are generally six month from transaction date. Nobody covers almost 2 years.

Morally, I wouldn't refund them. Their claim is, at best, suspect.  Why did it take so long for them to realise they 'hadn't' received the item, for example?

Edit: Snap, sandy

I would neither answer them nor enter into any other communication with them.

Block them so they can't try to buy from you in future.

So going on two years almost?

Are they having a giggle?

It's 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date to open an item not received dispute 

Why would the buyer only message you now (short of being in need of a firefighter for their shorts, a trouble maker or thinking it is an easy way to get some Christmas coin) yeah nah

I'd be ignoring them and blocking them (both on your blocked buyer list and from contacting you on eBay)

Answers (0)