Buyers can't request invoice... WHY NOT?!

This happens every now and then and it's happening again right now. For some reason, buyers can't request an invoice for combined post on several items (after doing a BIN, but not yet paying) and I'm not able to send them an invoice either.

Other times, buyers are 'required' to pay immediately for each item + full post without being able to combine. Even though I do NOT have that set as a requirement.

How do I deal with this, what should I tell buyers to do? Also, why does eBay make it so hard for them in the first place?

View Entire Topic

Had a request for postage quote yesterday, for bulk lot of promoted item.  gave a quote and told the buyer to request an updated invoice before paying.  Buyer stated could not proceed as planned as immediate payment required.  Just wondering  if it had  anything to do with items being a promoted listing.   Anyway got arround it by doing up a bulk listing with discounted post and forwarded link to the buyer,  they got their discount and I did not have to pay promotion fees, everyone won except ebay, so  apparently they are not very good at money grabbing.