1 Day Handling over Weekend

I sold a couple of items on the weekend with 1 day handling.

All day on Monday I had a "postage overdue" alert next to those items in my list.  I assumed I had 1 *business day* to prepare those sales for sending, meaning Monday, so earliest to send out would be Tuesday.

What do others think?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: 1 Day Handling over Weekend

As far as ebay are concerned, they believe mail is collected and delivered each and every single day of the year

Weekend?

Public holiday?

Christmas?

Easter?

Yep

Just look at their estimated delivery dates, ebay think things magically teleport from the post office to the buyer's house within the blink of en eye

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You need to change your settings under postage preferances and change the 

Order cut off time for same business day handling

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

i've sold all of my items using express post with same day handling and a cut-off time - and i've never had an issue with overdue postage. maybe it's because i'm in WA i get some sort of grace period? to my knowledge, the estimated dates don't include weekends, because if a person buys on a friday evening, i don't get a notification to post until the monday? 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@fmurphy2005 wrote:

I sold a couple of items on the weekend with 1 day handling.

All day on Monday I had a "postage overdue" alert next to those items in my list.  I assumed I had 1 *business day* to prepare those sales for sending, meaning Monday, so earliest to send out would be Tuesday.

What do others think?

It sounds as if you need to adjust your handling time settings.

As a buyer, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to be posting on a weekend, I am not sure how they could in many cases as post offices are usually shut by Saturday afternoon.

I don't believe ebay should send out a postage overdue alert before Tuesday but as they seem to, all you can do is set your handling times a bit longer.

As a buyer though, if I bought on a weekend, I wouldn't assume a seller could not post till Tuesday at the earliest. It wouldn't worry me if they did that, but what I have found is if I buy on a weekend, most businesses seem to post out on the Monday, or at least mark it as sent anyway.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry if it's too obvious but............are you sure it wasn't 'postage due" ?

As I have had the postage due but have never seen the postage overdue.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A number of sellers report getting this message before their handling time is up, so it could be that. 

I have a 2 day handling time, and weekend sales have notes of them to post by Tuesday - the accuracy of that is debateable. By which I mean if someone buys on Monday, the post-by date is Wednesday, and it's reasonable to assume that an order placed on a Saturday would have the same handling time / due date applied since we're talking business days only. 

But, I say "debateable" because handling time = within X business days, not after X business days, and I think eBay pretty much see it as the Monday being the only day to be within one business day from Saturday / Sunday.... Maybe? Smiley Frustrated I dunno, it made sense in my head but now that I've typed it out, not so much. Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

I noticed that the rate tables provide an option to input working days. I wonder if you could keep a 1-day handling time, but veto Monday as a working day to get around this? (Assuming rate tables are an appropriate option). 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply