problem with international sale Belgium and Paypal withholding payments

I guess i have been one of the lucky ones.I have never had any problems with international sales.

Now I am having a problem with a sale in Belgium.

The pack has been cleared by Belgium customs 7 days ago but has not been delivered to buyer yet.

So naturally he has put in a compaint to Ebay and Paypal have placed a hold on any money I had in Paypal and collecting the payments on other sales I have made since the complaint.

I have a sale for Sweden and cant post it because of the cost of the postage.

I will probably have to cancel the sale the  but cant refund the buyer because of Paypal holding the Money.

If Ebay refund this buyer in Belgium (Which I understand perfectly) I will be broke as far as Sending any other buyers there things.

Anyone had sellers had problems with Belgium postage system.

The buyer there is in a town only about 1 hour away from Brussels..I cant understand why the item has not been delivered yet.Neither can he.

Shoild he contact his post office or do I go through Australia post and see if they can find out anything.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Get him to ask his post office. Nothing Aust Post can do. If it's left customs, then it's still in transit.

If you're going to have to cancel a sale because of funds being held, you need to rethink whether selling is for you. You need to have a few bucks to breathe, otherwise it's pointless. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If you have proof of posting and have uploaded the tracking number in the dispute then you should win. Paypal usually only put a hold on the disputed amount, not the total balance.

If Paypal have put a hold on all your funds give them a call and ask them why.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

The sale was for over $200.

I had already taken this out and sent the item to belgium.

Paypal is with holding funds from other items to make up to the $200 plus the postage.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yes

I have considered this.

Been selling on Ebay since 2001

Was doing very well up until a year or so ago.

Since sales have gone down.

I am a pensioner now and dont have a lot to put away for things like this happening.

This sale in Belgium is over $200 with postage.

Paypal are keeping funds back  to make up for this.

Unfortunatly for me I have 2 other international sales to fund for postage .Both of them over $30 postage.

I would have no problem if it was for Australian postage.

I will get the guy to see his post office about it.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Instead of cancelling 2 sales, why don't you use eBay postage labels for those 2 transactions? They will just be added to your monthly fee invoice. That way you're not having to pay them up front and it will give you a few weeks grace to wait for that other money to become unlocked. You could even pay for them once the money becomes available so you're not left with bill shock when your invoice comes in next time.

Surely that would be a better option than cancelling 2 sales and risking bad feedback. Not to mention losing the money for those sales. I don't use eBay labels, but that's what I'd be doing as a one off.

Do you have another selling account?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you Tippy  Toes

Thats a good Idea.

You always are a help and have good ideas.

Yes I do have another account.

I will do as you suggested.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Seems that I cant do Ebay postage labels for overseas postage..

But I have now posted the packs anyway.

Now just to await the delivery of the Belgium pack.

The buyer has found the pack at the Brussells airport in customs.

But He still has not got it in his hands yet.After nearly a month.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It can be very difficult to fund the postage cost on international sales when you are down to your last few bucks, but it is essential that ebay postage gets priority when money is tight. Its the dollars from ebay sales that can make the difference between scraping by or getting deeper into the doggy do do.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I have posted the international packs now.

Just hopeing that Ebay and Paypal unlock my funds,

The belgium buyer found his Pack at the airport in Brussels but its not delivered to him yet.

So i guess I can still loose a couple hundred bucks if he doesnt get it even though we know where it is,

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply