problem with international sale Belgium and Paypal withholding payments

I guess i have been one of the lucky ones.I have never had any problems with international sales.

Now I am having a problem with a sale in Belgium.

The pack has been cleared by Belgium customs 7 days ago but has not been delivered to buyer yet.

So naturally he has put in a compaint to Ebay and Paypal have placed a hold on any money I had in Paypal and collecting the payments on other sales I have made since the complaint.

I have a sale for Sweden and cant post it because of the cost of the postage.

I will probably have to cancel the sale the  but cant refund the buyer because of Paypal holding the Money.

If Ebay refund this buyer in Belgium (Which I understand perfectly) I will be broke as far as Sending any other buyers there things.

Anyone had sellers had problems with Belgium postage system.

The buyer there is in a town only about 1 hour away from Brussels..I cant understand why the item has not been delivered yet.Neither can he.

Shoild he contact his post office or do I go through Australia post and see if they can find out anything.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I think I will Block on Belgium now for my International posting.

I have  posted to places like Chili The Virgin islands Spain and never had problems.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

If the tracking shows it is still in Customs you should not lose a dispute.....the item is still in transit and it has reached the buyer's country.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Just waiting to see if buyer has been in touch with the customs.He went to his post office and they dont know why it's still in customs..Tracking says it cleared by customs.

But item hasnt left customs to be delivered yet. After nearly 2 weeks.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply