1kg satchels

Interesting that AP brought out 1kg satchels but didn't publicise it, or did I blink and miss it?  They're on their website but of course they're out of stock.  I rang my PO to check and they don't have any, yet they usually get a few sent out without asking when there's a new product.  I'd imagine there'd be a fairly big demand for them!

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

1kg satchels

Looks like they'll cost around $10.....about time 🙂

https://shop.auspost.com.au/product/parcel-post-1kg-satchel---10-pack-61355m

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

pnc75
Community Member

AFAIK they had a trial of them a while ago, but they were only for their business customers, I think.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

It says $109.95 for 10 in one place, but $109.50 on the page where you order them. The ones they had on trial last year were only $10. $10.95 is still better than having to use a 3kg satchel for $13.80.
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

This is for everyone. Regular post, prepaid satchels.
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

Yes I remember now, you had to buy them in 10 packs. They weren't available individually, which makes it an expensive outlay for small private sellers, but certainly great for store sellers. Pity they weren't available individually.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

I've found over the years that they eventually get used so most things I buy a pack of 10 now. It took me about 6 or 7 years to use up the first pack of 500g satchels I ever bought but I was saving lots of money on the last few.
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

They have the express versions in stock ($13.16 each for a pack of 10, $12.12 each for packs of 100+, compared to $14.97 and $13.70 for 3kg satchels in respective quantities). 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

I'm guessing also by the comments left that the offer is only for Pre-paid satchels, not the ones we select when printing our own & paying online here thru Ebay or Click & Collect type of service ? Hope it is but am doubting this

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

1kg satchels

according to the guy who runs my local post office - the 1kg regular post satchels will still only be made available in 10 packs, not singularly. 

some post offices do choose to purchase the 10 packs themselves and sell them individually, but from what i've experienced, this is pretty rare. 

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply